Facebook Hacked?

Seppius

Anyone ever recovered a hacked Facebook account? Mine was over 15 years old, but recently got hacked by someone in Vietnam.

Absolutely no help from Meta, and when I try the online recovery it won't work because the person changed my email, and it says no account with that email

Sent a few emails to [email protected], did not even get a reply

Grateful for any suggestions?

cropped FB.jpg

• Like 1

Someone gained access to my account (or at lease spoofed my profile)  and sent messages to some of my contacts.   I went into the privacy settings and there is a section which says where you are logged on.... a list of all the devices currently logged on to your account.  I logged out of all of them, changed my password and logged back in.  I believe the person never had my password, otherwise, they would have changed it before i did.  Then I ran the FB privacy checker and all seemed ok.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, eia310e said:

Someone gained access to my account (or at lease spoofed my profile)  and sent messages to some of my contacts.   I went into the privacy settings and there is a section which says where you are logged on.... a list of all the devices currently logged on to your account.  I logged out of all of them, changed my password and logged back in.  I believe the person never had my password, otherwise, they would have changed it before i did.  Then I ran the FB privacy checker and all seemed ok.

Thank you for the reply, I believe they have full control email and password, but they have not appeared to use the account or send messages to my friends, been a couple of months now

On 6/30/2023 at 12:05 PM, Seppius said:

Anyone ever recovered a hacked Facebook account? Mine was over 15 years old, but recently got hacked by someone in Vietnam.

Absolutely no help from Meta, and when I try the online recovery it won't work because the person changed my email, and it says no account with that email

Sent a few emails to [email protected], did not even get a reply

Grateful for any suggestions?

cropped FB.jpg

Not surprised you did not get a reply, Facebook are run by the most incompetent people anywhere. I have to sign in my full password every time I sign in, this has been going on for months now. I do everything they ask me to do but it makes no difference.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 12:05 PM, Seppius said:

Matches my brother-in-law's recent experience. Vietnam is from where FB accounts are hacked these days, it would seem! He decided to give his FB account the heave-ho as a result. Personally speaking if I were in your shoes, I would be extremely wary of recovering a social media account with obvious security flaws which Meta seem unable/unwilling to fix, in case of a further hacking event.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1