Help with TM 30 please

21 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

www.thaiembassy.com › thailand-visa › about-tm30The TM30 Notification in Thailand | ThaiEmbassy.com

From their homepage: "This website is managed by Siam Legal International - a law firm in Thailand"

Just keep in mind that it is not a government website. 

• Like 2

Got registered with username and password etc . All good.

But what I don't understand is the Excel sheet part. We have to make out own sheet/fill it out and then upload it???

The template at the bottom of the site is not fillable so.......wtf

14 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

Got registered with username and password etc . All good.

But what I don't understand is the Excel sheet part. We have to make out own sheet/fill it out and then upload it???

The template at the bottom of the site is not fillable so.......wtf

Hi Sandboxer,

As far as I can recall (it's almost 3 years ago) I downloaded the fillable Excel sheet from the Immigration Extranet site, so it should be possible for you to do same. 

Note that you can also fill in the TM-30 data when logged in on the site, but it was easier to fill in the Excel-sheet off-line and then upload it. 

Cheers and success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2023 at 2:44 AM, OJAS said:

You chaps certainly seem to believe in the "moaning minnie" approach to expressing your gratitude

You’re presumptuous assuming remark offers no help. They were asking why not post it here. Just an answer to the question would have been suffice, but instead the lost of composure got the best of you. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

I think the above is a decent general write-up...except for a couple of issues...

1. The writeup appears to be 4 years old, and doesn't address the more recent issues about what happens when a tenant/resident travels domestically or internationally and then returns back to their prior home in Thailand.

2. The writeup seems to place all the responsibility for reporting on the landlord / property owner (which probably is legally correct). But as everyone here pretty well knows, Immigration doesn't really care about that nuance most of the time, and are more than happy to fine the TENANT for failing to report when it's the landlord that hasn't complied with the law.

Because the tenant at some point probably has to visit Immigration for something visa related, making them low-hanging fruit for TM30 enforcement, while the Thai landlord probably never has to visit Immigration at all, meaning Immigration would have to get up off their butts and go out and find them. And thus it's a lot easier for all Thais concerned to just nail the farang.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If I, as a landlord, having registered my tenant when he first moved in, go hiking in Nepal, go on a cruise or any other options which means  I have no internet connection, supposed to submit a TM 30 if my tenant goes on an overseas trip. Further, the tenant has no obligation to keep me informed as to his movements. To include such a requirement in a rental contract would be a gross invasion of privacy.

The tenant is, of course, a possessor of my property and is responsible to submit a TM 30 if required. Some people know this, but many do not; including it seems some immigration officers.

@Red Phoenix Appreciate the useful feedback on TM30's here. A quick question if I may as need to get my TM30 ducks in a row before going to CW next week?

I last completed a TM30 online using the web site and the Android app about 3 years for the property I own and is my address. I have stayed on the same Non O extension since more than 10 years and since completing the TM30 traveled out/in on re-entry visas and sometimes spent a night or two in Thai hotels elsewhere using my passport that is about 6 years old. The police orders I read dated June 2020 pinned to this site, suggest based on above I do not need a new TM30.

If I turn on the Section 38 Android app today, three plus years later since I input my data, it still shows my address at the top of the screen. Does this mean I am up to date in the eyes of CW or not with regards TM30? It should do as nothing has changed as far as my situation.

Yet next week I have to go in to do a 90 day report as the online method was rejected, and I don't know why until I get there, so wondering if could be TM30 related?

On 7/15/2023 at 10:57 AM, Hamus Yaigh said:

@Red Phoenix Appreciate the useful feedback on TM30's here. A quick question if I may as need to get my TM30 ducks in a row before going to CW next week?

I last completed a TM30 online using the web site and the Android app about 3 years for the property I own and is my address. I have stayed on the same Non O extension since more than 10 years and since completing the TM30 traveled out/in on re-entry visas and sometimes spent a night or two in Thai hotels elsewhere using my passport that is about 6 years old. The police orders I read dated June 2020 pinned to this site, suggest based on above I do not need a new TM30.

If I turn on the Section 38 Android app today, three plus years later since I input my data, it still shows my address at the top of the screen. Does this mean I am up to date in the eyes of CW or not with regards TM30? It should do as nothing has changed as far as my situation.

Yet next week I have to go in to do a 90 day report as the online method was rejected, and I don't know why until I get there, so wondering if could be TM30 related?

Hi Hamus,

From what you wrote it is clear that your official address for Immigration purposes is still same as 3 years ago when you moved in there. 

There are however several reports that CW is often not abiding with the June 2020 police order anymore, and want you to do redo your TM-30 notification when having stayed at a Hotel/guesthouse that notified local Immigration that you were staying there. 

As you are using the TM-30 App you could try notifying Immigration with that App that you have returned to your official address.  Normally that's not needed, but since CW has gone rogue on the TM-30 issue it's worth a try.  Once your records in the IO TM-30 database are then reset back to your official address, doing your 90-day report on-line should be accepted again as the system compares the 90-day report address with your official address and rejects on-line 90-day reports when they do not match.