Time To Think About The Tour De Thailand 2024

webfact

On 7/1/2023 at 6:56 AM, webfact said:

The price for the trip will be around 12,000.00 THB

Holy Makeral!

I'd just buy new bike instead. 

No wonder there is not many entrants or interest along the route. 

Edited by MrJ2U

28 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Holy Makeral!

Does include 7 or 8 overnights w/brekkie.

For cyclist, it just being, and the journey, not really the destination or another Wat on the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Does include 7 or 8 overnights w/brekkie.

For cyclist, it just being, and the journey, not really the destination or another Wat on the way.

Maybe that's lost in translation.

"The price for the trip will be around 12,000.00 THB which includes a room at a hotel/resort including breakfast. "

I checked the two Facebook pages.  Not much information.

Be good to know what resorts, some may have partners/spouses following.

Anyways seems a low key event.  The headlines in AsiaNow made it appear as a world tour. 

On 7/1/2023 at 3:07 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

Will this group use the purpose-built bicycle track between Hus Hin to Pranburi and not bunch up on the main road?

Yes, as far as it’s possible the group will stay of the main road

Edited by Sofus

On 7/1/2023 at 2:23 AM, KhunLA said:

Seems to be a slow paced easy ride.  Going to need to spend too much time on hwy#4 though, for my liking.

Not at all, on 4, check your map. Crossing but not on 4

27 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Not at all, on 4, check your map. Crossing but not on 4

Crossing yes, but you can't avoid using hwy 4, and looked at their map, and definitely minimal use of.

For me, it's the wrong time (smog) of year to be exercising in it.  Even a slow paced ride, your suckin' to much unhealthy air.

AQIs that time of year, 75-150, along with PM2.5 being 5-10X of healthy levels.  Nothing major for a week+ of out and about, but also easily avoided.

Edited by KhunLA

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Crossing yes, but you can't avoid using hwy 4, and looked at their map, and definitely minimal use of.

For me, it's the wrong time (smog) of year to be exercising in it.  Even a slow paced ride, you suckin' to much unhealthy air.

AQIs that time of year, 75-150, along with 5-10X healthy PM2.5 levels.  Nothing major for a week+ of out and about, but also easily avoided.

Thats another issue, I would love to pick up biking in Thailand, but to many issues prevents me from even get myself a bike. There are quite a few stretches in North thow that would be good during the cooler season. And also around Chumphon as well Krabi, and further south on the west coast

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Thats another issue, I would love to pick up biking in Thailand, but to many issues prevents me from even get myself a bike. There are quite a few stretches in North thow that would be good during the cooler season. And also around Chumphon as well Krabi, and further south on the west coast

Some great roads to cycle on.  I'm a firm believer of riding against traffic, with added caution, some don't expect it, so care needed at any cross traffic/driveways..   

Much safer than riding with traffic, as I think, most get run down from behind.  At least my way, you may see it coming and avoid.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that those who organize bike tours on a voluntary basis for everyone and with opportunities for all age groups starting from Hua Hin (the cemetery's forecourt) should be applauded and not negatived from those who prefer the boredom behind a steering wheel or the TV chair.

Felt 35

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2023 at 5:27 PM, MrJ2U said:

Holy Makeral!

Check the professional bicycle tour operators in Thailand and Thb 12000,- is like peanuts compared.

Felt 

• Thumbs Up 1