Insect Warning.....Kill them, Kill them........NOW

redwood1

On 7/2/2023 at 8:01 AM, phetphet said:

Type of Cockroach? Maybe German Cockroach? You can buy killer. Looks like a disc about 50mm in diameter. Used to sell in Lotus. But if bad infestation, you might be better getting a professional exterminator in such as Rentokil

image.png.956245f534ee86d96bee5b030b8d493b.png

asian cockroach

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I have seen this gecko spray on Lazada, I have no idea if its any good or not..

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/500ml-gecko-killer-i4354994543-s17355529029.html?

The gecko is gone Lizard repellent spray 500ml, lizard repellen

I have tried it before a long time ago.
it does not kill them.
Its a repellant, they don't like it and scamper off. I don't think it lasted very long, maybe a couple of days around  the outside porch and car port of the house in the sticks where i have most geckos.
However, you may not want to be spraying this everywhere. Try and see if you like the smell.

The best solution we used to have in the farmhouse of my wife's parents was a brother with a strong catapult.
Used to be a expert at shooting them down.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Sounds like a useful tool.

Generally , a big round up requires two of us . One flushes them out the other traps them under a broom then sweeps into container.

If I see one on a wall, I try to carefully open the nearest window and then try to get them to move towards the window and out. Usually they never go in the direction I want. If they are on the ceiling I brush them off onto the floor then deliver a coup de grace before they can run. I can be a crule heartless killer sometimes.

This works quite well and is a one-man operation. Cost: close to zero; if you have some leftover PVC pipe and a plastic box. 
The broom-and-shoo usually involves a lot of shrieking if the Mrs is involved. ???? And you’re right, they usually run in the wrong direction. 

IMG_8891.jpeg

3 minutes ago, CecilM said:

This works quite well and is a one-man operation. Cost: close to zero; if you have some leftover PVC pipe and a plastic box. 
The broom-and-shoo usually involves a lot of shrieking if the Mrs is involved. ???? And you’re right, they usually run in the wrong direction. 

IMG_8891.jpeg

You had best hurry and patent that then sit back and watch the cash flood in !

2 hours ago, Grusa said:

Unlikely to be the German Cockroach, it rarely visits Thailand, and certainly not a condo.

German cockroach and American cockroach are the two species most commonly found in Thailand. The German variety is the most likely to invade your condo, and the larger American type is the one you'll see scurrying out of a drain and across the street.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

You had best hurry and patent that then sit back and watch the cash flood in !

Considering they’re sold on Lazada for 399 Baht (and for a brief moment I was seriously considering buying one) I am happy to share my design for free. ????

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 4:24 AM, steven100 said:

buy some 20 baht moth balls and just put them behind cupboards, in closets, on drains and anywhere else cockroaches might hang out,  I started using them a few days ago and haven't seen any since ...   but they smell strong so don't over use them in the kitchen or bedroom,  just sparingly where they hang out.

image.png.5176cf8290d4d97945a59bb8dba26f51.png

I had a girlfriend once whose breath smelt like these things ... turned out she had a tooth cavity.

Edited by BusyB
  • Thumbs Up 1

We have lots of small geckos live behind the pictures on the wall eat any fly or mosquito that lands near. My question is what do the large geckos that live behind the fridge eat? They <deleted> lots so must have an ample food supply.