Monkeypox outbreak: Thailand witnesses spike in cases within the LGBTQ+ community

webfact

4 minutes ago, Plern said:

This goes to the old maxim.. call the truth and insult to avoid confronting it as fact

Name-calling.

No your rhetoric has been explicitly homophobic. Not the sort of language used by responsible health authorities. 

Also you took my quote out of context. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RanongCat said:

I go and look more. And more I look say same . Majority gay/bi men .

If you're going to assert a link asserts something, it's ON YOU to actual post a clear credible link that backs that up. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

When in doubt, go personal. 

You're joking right? You've made all sorts of direct insinuations hate being perhaps the most outlandish.

You're series of posts looks hardly objective.

Monkeypox

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A post on moderation has been removed as well as a comment regarding emoticons.

13. You will not publicly comment on moderation in an open forum. You will not comment on actions taken by individual moderators or on specific or general policies and issues. You will not post a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. You may send a private message to a moderator to discuss individual actions or you can email support (at) aseannow.com to discuss moderation policy and account suspensions. Aggression or abuse against moderators is not tolerated and any such action will be sanctioned. There is no excuse for abuse.

*Updated

You will also not stalk other posters by placing negative emoticons on there posts. Continue and face a posting suspension.

11. You will not troll or stalk other members by misusing forum posts, private messages, reactions, emojis or by any other means.

• Like 1

Responsible messages from public health authorities correctly pointing out that men who have sex men are the primary risk group are very welcome and indeed necessary. It's not LGBTQ community. It's men who have sex with men that are the high risk group now.

Public health messages explaining that this virus can be spread via skin contact with or without sex are also welcome.

Information on access to VACCINES for high risk group members is very welcome but apparently missing, WHY?!?

Bleeding into homophobic rhetoric, right wing inspired ranting about queer IDEOLOGY, blaming and shaming men who have sex with men for the disease are extremely unhelpful. 

I've said what I want to say. 

I will leave the topic now. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

So there were 21 cases last month and 48 more this month.  It's hardly sweeping the country like wildfire.  And remember these are new diagnoses. Many of these people might have had the virus already but have come forward to be diagnosed. 

It's a virus and contagious so it's bound to spike for a while.

Also I see some people calling it a 'homosexual' disease because it is currently most prevalent amongst gay men. Using that logic most contagious diseases including STD's are 'heterosexual' diseases as they start in the heterosexual community and spread to the homosexual community. Both are nonsense as disease knows no gender or sexuality.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Responsible messages from public health authorities correctly pointing out that men who have sex men are the primary risk group are very welcome and indeed necessary. It's not LGBTQ community. It's men who have sex with men that are the high risk group now.

Public health messages explaining that this virus can be spread via skin contact with or without sex are also welcome.

Information on access to VACCINES for high risk group members is very welcome but apparently missing, WHY?!?

Bleeding into homophobic rhetoric, right wing inspired ranting about queer IDEOLOGY, blaming and shaming men who have sex with men for the disease are extremely unhelpful. 

I've said what I want to say. 

I will leave the topic now. 

Very sad to understand you need run away fromstatistical fact . I s not ok people you not know can show real situation about disease just because it offend lgbt people so bad? Why  decide  comment you not like or agree with is blame and shame? You  say what tyou want say and  run away ? Make you correct? Not for me sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

From the article in your link.  

However, the same study found that 57% of men who have sex with men identified as heterosexual or bisexual

The act is homosexual in nature. Here we go with the names and labels thing again.

Please, the distinction between bisexual and homosexual as it relates to two men please?? ????

Yes, 5% (drunken, methead..) men getting opportunity bj

And

95% bisexual, men that sex men

1 hour ago, RanongCat said:

Is not true . Internet search statistics show majority ofHIV is  gay men with men.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-lm&q=Global+percentage+of+sexual+orientation+of+HIV++patients

The first set of statistics brought up on that link show that men that have sex with men make up only a relatively small minority (17%) of HIV infections.

Screenshot_2023_0703_195710.png

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

From the article in your link.  

However, the same study found that 57% of men who have sex with men identified as heterosexual or bisexual

Wouldn't that suggest that there is something wrong with the option to self-identify? 

If one person says that it's a homosexual thing (or whatever) and then they share evidence, but that can be contradicted with "but some of the men who have sex with other men say they aren't homosexual", it makes it kind of a pointless diversion, since we would still consider them to generally be in the ball park of gay men.

I mean, if it's a "man on man" thing, then it's a "man on man" thing.  The waters are simply being muddied with semantics and self-perception.

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Plern said:

The act is homosexual in nature. Here we go with the names and labels thing again.

Please, the distinction between bisexual and homosexual as it relates to two men please?? ????

Yes, 5% (drunken, methead..) men getting opportunity bj

And

95% bisexual, men that sex men

What act? Bisexuality is being attracted to both men and women and doesn't necessarily require a sexual act if that's what you're alluding too.  Indeed a bi man could make love to fifty women a week and a man once in a blue moon. Those "acts" if conducted are primarily heterosexual. 

The distinction is homosexuals are almost exclusively attracted to the same sex,

I'm not sure what "5% (drunken, methead..)" means exactly.  ????

• Haha 1

Off topic conspiracy nonsense about Covid and the WHO has been removed.

Updated:

A post with Oversized Fonts has been removed

5. Do not post text with all capital letters or with over-sized fonts, all bold font, non-standard fonts, colored fonts or unusually large emojis. Do not use emojis or any other form of graphics in the title of your poll or topi

Edited by Pink Mist
Updated by Pink Mist

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If you're going to assert a link asserts something, it's ON YOU to actual post a clear credible link that backs that up. 

I actually agree with you here.  It's best to post a specific link, copy and paste the relevant passage(s), and add an explanation of why it supports your position.

22 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The first set of statistics brought up on that link show that men that have sex with men make up only a relatively small minority (17%) of HIV infections.

Screenshot_2023_0703_195710.png

"Remaining population" is a bit coy.  ????     I think we should rename it straight people then we can talk about the "hetero plague"  Lol

7 hours ago, tandor said:

please advise Mitch Connor that the only acceptable name describing this virus is M-pox.

(It was Renamed by the WHO many months ago, as it was deemed insulting to any monkey).

FYI.

instead of mocking...why dont you both check it out?

6 hours ago, proton said:

So blokes having unprotected sex with other blokes then.

..anyone can catch it..temporary blindness (infected hand touching, face/mouth lesions; transmitted by family members

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Wouldn't that suggest that there is something wrong with the option to self-identify? 

If one person says that it's a homosexual thing (or whatever) and then they share evidence, but that can be contradicted with "but some of the men who have sex with other men say they aren't homosexual", it makes it kind of a pointless diversion, since we would still consider them to generally be in the ball park of gay men.

I mean, if it's a "man on man" thing, then it's a "man on man" thing.  The waters are simply being muddied with semantics and self-perception.

I think the terms heterosexual, bisexual and homosexual are pretty clear. If someone identifies as any one of these then I think we understand them. There might be a problem with bisexual as it refers to both sides of attraction so I guess it might be on a scale, but I can't really speak for bisexual men or women.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ICU Kid said:

It's an 'emergency' apparently (or at least it was a year ago)

From the British Medical Journal: https://www.bmj.com/content/378/bmj.o1874

26 Jul 2022

The World Health Organization has declared the global monkeypox outbreak a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC) 

A year is a long time and its no longer a PHEIC. This from 11 May 2023

In conclusion, having considered the significant decline in the global spread of mpox and the gains achieved in the control of the outbreak in many countries, the Committee advised that the event requires a transition from a PHEIC to a robust, proactive and sustainable mpox response and control program

https://www.who.int/news/item/11-05-2023-fifth-meeting-of-the-international-health-regulations-(2005)-(ihr)-emergency-committee-on-the-multi-country-outbreak-of-monkeypox-(mpox)