Thai mother’s selfless act donates son’s heart, rekindling a stranger’s heartbeat

snoop1130

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“People were questioning how I could let him go as he was still breathing, but I knew his life was only due to the machines.

A tough decision, but sense prevailed.

He was clinically gone yet could help another live.

Wise choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Good for her.

I only wish that a law could be enacted worldwide making organ donation compulsory unless the family refuse.

Just think how many other people could have used the lungs, liver, kidney, eyes etc and gone on to live a relatively normal life.

I would offer my organs as well...but there were several scandals of people declared death to early to harvest organs. Such an automatic law must go together with very strong protection.

it was not selfless nor kind...it was logic....the son was practical dead and had no use for the organs anymore.

Organs are traded for enormous amounts of money. In such cases the mother should get the money and no one else

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, h90 said:

it was not selfless nor kind...it was logic....the son was practical dead and had no use for the organs anymore.

Organs are traded for enormous amounts of money. In such cases the mother should get the money and no one else

I read nothing in any of these covering stories to say she had donated his organs for financial gain.

Where have you seen this?

Or is this just your ' logic ' at work here?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

I read nothing in any of these covering stories to say she had donated his organs for financial gain.

Where have you seen this?

Or is this just your ' logic ' at work here?

You misread what I meant.

I mean she SHOULD get the money, if money was made. Organs is a huge business. If some insurance paid a lot money it should be hers and not some middle man.

7 minutes ago, h90 said:

You misread what I meant.

I mean she SHOULD get the money, if money was made. Organs is a huge business. If some insurance paid a lot money it should be hers and not some middle man.

Ah OK,

But the way I read it, she did this as a selfless act to help others and wasn't thinking about money.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Ah OK,

But the way I read it, she did this as a selfless act to help others and wasn't thinking about money.

Yes that is what I had in my mind...she did it as a selfless act but maybe someone makes a profit out of it...as she is sad about her son and didn't think for it....Heard some terrible report about the trade with organs and greedy people who can't wait till the person is dead for sure as the money is waiting.....with a case that a person woke up who was about to cut open....

(But was all in USA not in Thailand, China seems to have problems as well)