Number of Multiple entry tourist visas consulate will issue?

Hi,

I obtained a multiple entry tourist visa through the thai embassy in London last November 2022 and entered same month.  I did a 1 day border run to reenter with my metv in Feburary then stayed in thailand for a further 3 months.  So essentially 6 months spent in Thailand between November and may.

In may i went back to the UK and im planning to go back to Thailand in October. My question is if i applied for another multiple entry tourist visa from thai the embassy in London in October what is the likelihood of them approving another metv for me considering its been 5 months since i exited Thailand?

Or would i be safer just applying for a tourist visa instead of metv then doing another border run?

Thoughts appreciated

2 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Multiple entry is linked to your visa. If your visa ends , say, next week and you got a multiple entry today your multiple entry will expire next week. 

Unless you are referring to a multiple re-entry permit, this is incorrect. The expiry date of a visa controls only the last day on which you can use it for entry. In the case of a multiple entry tourist visa, each entry gives you a 60-day permission to stay irrespective of the expiry date of the visa.