Brazen Daylight Robbery Thwarted by Surveillance and Quick Police Action

webfact

image.jpeg

At midday on July 4th, a brazen theft took place at a residence in Bang Lamung district, Chonburi province. Two male thieves stole an iron gate from the property while the caretaker, Sunchai Homchuen, was away. The incident was caught on the house's CCTV, allowing police to arrest the perpetrators promptly. Homchuen stated he noticed the missing gate while remotely monitoring the CCTV footage.

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

This house has been the target of multiple burglaries. In a previous incident, intruders trespassed, stole belongings, and severed the electricity. These episodes have inflicted losses of over 200,000 baht. Given the recurring issues, the overseas-based owner opted to list the house for sale, reported Siam Rath.

That day, law enforcement officers arrested the suspects who had, astonishingly, managed to sell the pilfered iron gate for a mere 380 baht. These two males, both nearing the end of their twenties, defended their actions, blaming their financial struggles.

image.jpeg

Despite their insistence that this was their first foray into criminality, the authorities are conducting a more thorough probe to corroborate their assertions. The twosome currently faces accusations of utilizing a vehicle to expedite their unlawful act.

Top Picture: Siam Rath

#news

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-07-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

"These two males, both nearing the end of their twenties, defended their actions, blaming their financial struggles."

In their minds it's ok to steal because they are poor... great parenting

Parents?

Hatched out in the sun...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

My ex's son thought the same. 

10yo and always dipping into her handbag or my wallet for money which he would spend on snacks at school or on mobile games. It went largely un-noticed until his older brother, who is a good lad, spilled the beans.

She admonished him, by shouting and beating him with a coathanger until he was screaming bloody murder.

Beating a child to teach only teaches that violence is the answer. My ex did this also, going to her daughter's school after she stole money from my wallet, maybe 200 baht. I told her before she left to just wait until she came home, and ground her for a few days, with an explanation why. She went to her school, and beat on her in front of the class. I understood where she learned this when she said her dad used to hit first and ask questions later, and when she hit me 6 times for no reason besides being mad at others, me for something very small that didn't warrant hitting and her lack of self control in many other situations. Take away their cell phones awhile. That hurts more than anything and teaches them that what they did was wrong and deserved punishment.Millions of kids here rarely see their parents anyway, with grandma left in charge with her form of discipline.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

At midday on July 4th, a brazen theft took place at a residence in Bang Lamung district, Chonburi province. Two male thieves stole an iron gate from the property while the caretaker, Sunchai Homchuen, was away. The incident was caught on the house's CCTV, allowing police to arrest the perpetrators promptly. Homchuen stated he noticed the missing gate while remotely monitoring the CCTV footage.

image.jpeg

This house has been the target of multiple burglaries. In a previous incident, intruders trespassed, stole belongings, and severed the electricity. These episodes have inflicted losses of over 200,000 baht. Given the recurring issues, the overseas-based owner opted to list the house for sale, reported Siam Rath.

That day, law enforcement officers arrested the suspects who had, astonishingly, managed to sell the pilfered iron gate for a mere 380 baht. These two males, both nearing the end of their twenties, defended their actions, blaming their financial struggles.

image.jpeg

Despite their insistence that this was their first foray into criminality, the authorities are conducting a more thorough probe to corroborate their assertions. The twosome currently faces accusations of utilizing a vehicle to expedite their unlawful act.

Top Picture: Siam Rath

#news

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-07-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

....."....their first foray into criminality...."....No doubt:cheesy: