Overuse of marijuana linked to surgery complications and death, study says

Social Media

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

except that if you were in "debunk/spoof/irony mode" why would list as well as aspirin, drugs that actually can be fatal? It doesn't really work as irony.

It's CNN. I don't know what the editors of AN had in mind by putting it up here. The whole article relies on a multitude of papers published in America, which nobody will read here. So really it just amounts to a troll. So I picked out the headline and worked on that.

I never said I used all 3 here. I debunked all the, to me, totally irrelevant academia by suggesting that cannabis use has been around for a lot longer than these academics and the multitude of papers they've churned out. Makes a lot more sense to me than getting into an argument about it. Maybe the irony is, people smoke weed just to get away from the every day tedium of research, results, and statistics. I mean, you'd never order another pint of cold Guinness if you thought there might be a bed waiting for you in an ICU somewhere as a result, would you?

Edited by bradiston
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

except that if you were in "debunk/spoof/irony mode" why would list as well as aspirin, drugs that actually can be fatal? It doesn't really work as irony.

Duplicate

Edited by bradiston

On 7/6/2023 at 12:49 PM, scottiejohn said:

The understatement of the year which all the crack heads on here will now try to "prove" is wrong!

Marijuana and 'crack' are completely different duh

On 7/5/2023 at 2:49 PM, scottiejohn said:

The understatement of the year which all the crack heads on here will now try to "prove" is wrong!

Oh not reefer madness ...same same as crack head madness...except it is not.  
Reefer and crack have about as much in common as beer and heroin. 

• Confused 1