criminal records clearance certificate

OP, seems that you are applying for a Non O-A visa? 

Applying in the UK.

That visa requires insurance.

You could consider a Multi entry Non O based on retirement.

That visa is also valid for 12 months.

• Like 1

For a Non O-A (long stay) visa, a basic DBS report should be sufficient.

As suggested above, there are some drawbacks to the Non O-A visa. If you intend to stay in Thailand long term, a Non O (retirement) with extensions or LTR-WP (Long Term Resident Wealthy Pensioner) visa might be better. If visiting often, but spending significant time outside Thailand, a multiple entry Non O (retirement) visa, valid for 90-day stays on each entry might be a good fit.

It is possible for the Non O-A visa to be best, but for most people it is not. I suggest you try to familiarise yourself with the alternative options I mention above, and decide what ultimately will work best for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spread198 said:

I am applying for a long stay(1 year) visa to Thailand, its states that a criminal records clearance certificate is required is this a DBS certificate or do I require a certificate from the English police force

I used the official site here was accepted by Thai embassy

https://www.acro.police.uk/s/

As stated by others look at the non o retirement no police  clearance and no tied health insurance insurance

Edited by howerde
missing text

1 hour ago, ian carman said:

Can we just clarify if a multiple entry non o is available in the uk .I thought it wasn’t 

For a while after the introduction of the e-visa system, it was not. They now issue them, both to visit your Thai spouse and, under unclear circumstances, also retirement.

• Thanks 1