Determining Fatherhood

Deserted

I was wondering if anyone could help with the following.

I have recently been contacted by someone who I met last year. She has had a child and swears it is mine. She claims that the dates match up and I was the last person she stayed with. For reasons I can't go into, she says it cannot be anyone else's. She is adamant that I am the father, so I have agreed to meet her and determine whether I am or not. The length she has gone to track me down and her persistence cause me to think she may be right. I have never been in this situation before, so any help given would be appreciated. We've agreed to meet in Bangkok and I would like to go to a hospital/clinic so that we can know for sure whether I am the father or not. I'm assuming that a simple blood test can clear this up, is that right? If so, how long would it take to get the results.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone could help with the following.

I have recently been contacted by someone who I met last year. She has had a child and swears it is mine. She claims that the dates match up and I was the last person she stayed with. For reasons I can't go into, she says it cannot be anyone else's. She is adamant that I am the father, so I have agreed to meet her and determine whether I am or not. The length she has gone to track me down and her persistence cause me to think she may be right. I have never been in this situation before, so any help given would be appreciated. We've agreed to meet in Bangkok and I would like to go to a hospital/clinic so that we can know for sure whether I am the father or not. I'm assuming that a simple blood test can clear this up, is that right? If so, how long would it take to get the results.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DNA test....Daddy!

Good luck to you, the test will show for sure if the baby is yours, If she has agreed to have the test already then the chances are the baby is yours.

I'm sure even the most desperate of women would not invite you to have a DNA test if she herself were not entiely confident you where the father.

Mark

The blood test is not the one you want

DNA is the way to go - she will need to bring some of the childs DNA.

I have a pal who went through hel_l with this - in the end the baby is not his but he treats the child as though it was not - he should have got the test back in 99

You are doing the right thing geting a test at this stage.

Thanks for the replies. She is absolutely certain the child is mine. I really don't know at this stage, hence the need for the test. It's easy to say its looks like mine or it can't be anyone else's. Until you have a DNA test the talk doesn't count for that much. If someone could give advice over a place to have the test, time it would take and approximate cost I would be grateful.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks muc appreciated. Am going for the DNA test tomorrow. If anyone could tell me how much they paid and at which hospital I would be grateful. Have only one quote so far, at the Bungrumrad. They want 19,000. A bit more than I was expecting to pay.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
I suppose even if they fake the result they have a 50% chance of being right :o

:D I think mathematically, their chance of being right by just guessing is unknown.

If they say you are the dad, but she's been with a hundred guys, what's the chance of them being right? If they say you are not and she's not been with anybody else - hm?

I'd go with Bumrungrad - very reputable. Knowing vs not knowing if you are a father is well worth 19K baht. Just make sure you choose the DNA testing hospital in case this is all one elaborate scam. For added extra paranoia, don't tell her beforehand which one. Or take a hair and have it tested back home. It's what James Bond would do.