WiFi 6E Routers - Where to buy?

Stuart

4 hours ago, recom273 said:

Can you buy a 6E router in Thailand? It took quite a while to get Wifi6 routers, now 6E.

I had not seen any but quick look at InvadeIT came up with one model (maybe more as was quick) offering 802.11 AD...........

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/wireless-networking/netgear/nighthawk-x10-wireless-ad7200-tri-band-gigabit-router-r9000-p031224/

At 20k baht doubt you will find in any store in Pattaya unless special order.

Edit - there were 2, another Netgear model.

11 hours ago, topt said:

I had not seen any but quick look at InvadeIT came up with one model (maybe more as was quick) offering 802.11 AD...........

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/wireless-networking/netgear/nighthawk-x10-wireless-ad7200-tri-band-gigabit-router-r9000-p031224/

At 20k baht doubt you will find in any store in Pattaya unless special order.

Edit - there were 2, another Netgear model.

They certainly have a great selection of ugly black boxes with an excessive number of aerials - invade say it’s 60GHz but all the 6E routers I saw have E in the product code - netgear seem to be XE.

https://www.howtogeek.com/797523/best-wi-fi-6e-router/

I don’t doubt you, but take a look. 

20 000THB is a lot of router, I wonder what actual benefits a 6E will bring, I’m happy with my unifi wifi6 APs and a decent router. 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, recom273 said:

I don’t doubt you, but take a look. 

I wasn't suggesting they were 6E but specifically AD which I assumed follows on from AC I guess......

This is useful talking about the differences Ac, Ad and AX but does not have 6E -

https://www.dignited.com/24575/wifi-802-11-ad-vs-ac-speeds-band-range-comparison/

Basically if you have 6 then all should be very good :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, Stuart said:

I am looking for the TP-Link Archer AXE75 AXE5400 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6E Router

which is approximately 6k Baht.

I am hoping to buy locally avoiding any power supply problems.

What benefits do you expect to get (here in Thailand) from 6E?

PH

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Phulublub said:

What benefits do you expect to get (here in Thailand) from 6E?

PH

Greater efficiency and speed together with more reliable connections. My mobile phone is 6E compatible together with the family also using WiFi at the same time.

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Greater efficiency and speed together with more reliable connections. My mobile phone is 6E compatible together with the family also using WiFi at the same time.

A better question is what problem are you having that 6E will remedy? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

Most people are speed mad.... and yet connect via Wi-Fi, the ISP speeds can only be attained using a class 6 Ethernet hard wire. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
1 hour ago, gargamon said:

Most people are speed mad.... and yet connect via Wi-Fi, the ISP speeds can only be attained using a class 6 Ethernet hard wire. 

Maybe that is why he ask for such a router, since 6E is a WI-FI standard

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

As I understand it, 6E is not only related to speed. It does have lower latency, idk, maybe benefiting gamers (but then who would be gaming on a wifi connection). 6E offers a better channel choice in areas of high congestion, 6GHz has a greater range, it also uses WPA3 security. If you are in a high traffic area, with lots of different networks, with a greater chance of someone trying to hack into your network, then I think, if available a $199 router is pretty good value and a worthwhile upgrade.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Just out of interest, what phone uses 6E?

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

As I understand it, 6E is not only related to speed. It does have lower latency, idk, maybe benefiting gamers (but then who would be gaming on a wifi connection). 6E offers a better channel choice in areas of high congestion, 6GHz has a greater range, it also uses WPA3 security. If you are in a high traffic area, with lots of different networks, with a greater chance of someone trying to hack into your network, then I think, if available a $199 router is pretty good value and a worthwhile upgrade.

I bought a new phone couple of weeks ago (due to SCB issues....) and in my searches was trying to get 6E but in the end didn't due to a number of reasons. From memory Samsung A54 at around 14k baht has 6E and I would guess anything up from that launched recently this year probably has.

So new that GSM Arena does not even have 6E as a variable in their Find a phone comparisons.

On 7/16/2023 at 9:48 AM, recom273 said:

Samsung S22 Ultra

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1