Anyone else have an irritable wife this morning after election result

poppysdad

44 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Lights off at 9pm asleep by 9.01 disgruntled and vacant at 5am fuming by 5.01 hoping mad right now ????

Ok!  That was your response!

And what was the wife's response like?

Edited by scottiejohn

Yes! She was screaming at the news on the Tv!

Today she hasnt smiled at all!

Shes very seldom sad or upset!

Today she said , thank you to love me!

I have to go and console her!

She needs a hug!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

GF said if 250 Senators can stop 40 million voters choice, what is the point of even voting? Will not bother voting again.

Why did they even waste the money on an election?

I'm going to state it again - Thailand has a Parliamentary Democracy and the constitution has rules for the ascension of the Prime Minister.  And one more time for sheer purposes of comparison of two Parliamentary Democracies:  Who voted Truss and Sunak into the position of Prime Minister.  Was it 67 million citizens of the UK? 
Nope. 

So the argument doesn't hold water.  Thailand has it's own rules for the ascension of Thai candidates to the position of the Prime Minister.  It's their country and like it or not, their Democratically elected (or militarily ascended) representatives made the Constitutional rules that governs the process to vote in a Prime Minister. 

The other choice is to take the position of Chairman Mao that, "Change must come from the barrel of a gun," but for the sake of Buddha, God, and the Thai people - that's not a solution.  Yeah - worked in the Soviet Union in 1922 after the October Revolution in 1917 and in China in (with the stage set around the same time as the USSR) when Chairman Mao came to power and formed The People's Republic Of China in 1949.  Both Communist. 

I'm not sure anyone wants a government formed in the crucible of guns and violence.  Do they?
With rare exception, (The American Revolution), what comes out the other side is a form of Totalitarianism 
Does anyone want that?

Edited by connda
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, poppysdad said:

As the heading indicates, my wife isn’t in the best of moods this morning after hearing of the fully expected election results yesterday. She flicking from channel to channel to see if the news is any better on another one, and any comment from me even in support of her results in a short sharp reply. 

hey my wife is like that every day

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Jokes aside certainly not my choice is I respect the King in UK and the King in Thailand, I guess I'm what they call a Royalist.

You will be one of the few still standing up in the cinema these days then? My mrs used to, not any more. The internet has helped enlighten a lot of Thais about their own history.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Jokes aside certainly not my choice is I respect the King in UK and the King in Thailand, I guess I'm what they call a Royalist.

I think we can respect the crown in any country.  Unfortunately people didn't read what they want to do just listened to the military babble

• Like 1

12 hours ago, connda said:

I'm going to state it again - Thailand has a Parliamentary Democracy and the constitution has rules for the ascension of the Prime Minister.  And one more time for sheer purposes of comparison of two Parliamentary Democracies:  Who voted Truss and Sunak into the position of Prime Minister.  Was it 67 million citizens of the UK? 
Nope. 

So the argument doesn't hold water.  Thailand has it's own rules for the ascension of Thai candidates to the position of the Prime Minister.  It's their country and like it or not, their Democratically elected (or militarily ascended) representatives made the Constitutional rules that governs the process to vote in a Prime Minister. 

The other choice is to take the position of Chairman Mao that, "Change must come from the barrel of a gun," but for the sake of Buddha, God, and the Thai people - that's not a solution.  Yeah - worked in the Soviet Union in 1922 after the October Revolution in 1917 and in China in (with the stage set around the same time as the USSR) when Chairman Mao came to power and formed The People's Republic Of China in 1949.  Both Communist. 

I'm not sure anyone wants a government formed in the crucible of guns and violence.  Do they?
With rare exception, (The American Revolution), what comes out the other side is a form of Totalitarianism 
Does anyone want that?

But what do the people do when the people in power with the military behind them, write the constitution, and the election rules to insure they stay in power? What choices do the people have?

• Thanks 1

I just feel sorry for mine, she's such an optimist. I told her before the election that after all the re-jigging of the laws after the last coup, there was no way that a non-military guy was going to be allowed to sit in the driving seat. Stand by for several years of Jabba the Hutt.

Can you fault them?   The average Thai has lived with this level of Government suppression for years.  With media available to all now days, it is hard to turn your head without seeing it everywhere. 

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

The only thing I pick up is my wife doesn't like anyone who don't like the Royal family.

Exhibit A. Why any kind of progress in Siam will be a long time coming.  

Edited by RandolphGB

21 hours ago, Purdey said:

Misread the heading as Anyone else have an irritable wife this morning after erection result.

My partner kept telling me she just felt exhausted after all the effort put into it and has lost hope.

Wait I'm confused..so was your partner exhausted from all the work from the election or all the work from the erection??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

You will be one of the few still standing up in the cinema these days then? My mrs used to, not any more. The internet has helped enlighten a lot of Thais about their own history.

I have noticed this a lot recently when I go to the cinema.

My wife's irritable every morning.???? Election results or no election results. I never broach the subject of royalty, religion, or politics. I think normal discussion on anything here is not easy. Face and greng jai is a great impediment in Thailand. I've found that to disagree with someone does not go down well. Each nationality has its norms I suppose. I heed the motto. 'A still tongue keeps a wise head.'????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, nikmar said:

Mrs Nik is quite upbeat this morning, being a huge fan of the institution and the military government. Proper yellow shirt that she is. My son, on the other hand, is a little angry at it all. As you can imagine, there is a little friction in the house. Im staying clear! 

Pub tonight!

Smart move … not our country.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

What about corruption and better public education ?

What about it the same in many countries around the world.

All I see is so called democracy at loggerheads already in Thailand as always it's the rich people that run the country not so much the ordinary voting people.

As for education my son has done very well after leaving Uni, his buying a condo in Bangkok and runs a business with a partner serving TV companies all done while the army guy was prime mister.

2 hours ago, proton said:

I don't go cinema, and I have noticed the lack of respect for the royal family over the years seems to be going same way as UK.

I will always have respect as a matter of course because that's the way I was brought up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I think we can respect the crown in any country.  Unfortunately people didn't read what they want to do just listened to the military babble

Well as they say here "up to them". ????

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

My wife's irritable every morning.???? Election results or no election results. I never broach the subject of royalty, religion, or politics. I think normal discussion on anything here is not easy. Face and greng jai is a great impediment in Thailand. I've found that to disagree with someone does not go down well. Each nationality has its norms I suppose. I heed the motto. 'A still tongue keeps a wise head.'????

i am a little lucky with this. took my wife to canada for 10 years. it helped a little. she has no desire to stand up for certain institutions now and sees them for what they really are. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I will always have respect as a matter of course because that's the way I was brought up.

so respect just because. what ever happened to respect is earned not given ? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1