Anyone else have an irritable wife this morning after election result

poppysdad

I made a bet with mine that this is what would happen. She was naively optimistic.....Now I am trying to gleen from her exactly what she thinks the Thai populace will actually do about it.....

Edited by Pink Mist
Covid and other off topic content removed.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Denim said:

They should persevere. If nothing else , a bigger vote for the reincarnation ( for the third time ) of Move Forward could result in the landslide needed to force the old school out of office.

I am sure they will probably change their minds by the next election , but thats how they feel now, and I don't blame them. 

• Sad 1

Guy! If it´s not one thing, it´s the other. You all seem to have problem with your wifes. Bad choices I guess. Some choose the bar to find them, and others the high society. Ending up with unteachable know nothings or snobby royalists on high maintenance. Long time ago, when I travelled around in Thailand, I stayed with a family in Isaan during a full rice season. That ended up with that I married their fairly beautiful daughter. Not a bombshell, but neither an ugly duckling.

After that, I have taken her to my home country, given her education. Explained things myself. Today, she runs her own profitable business and can support herself and her family. Have no problem, whatsoever. Even as she is totally independent, she still chose to stay married and be with me. See, what a lucky guy I am.

However, back to the real issue in this thread. Watching the news and irritation over results. Oh Yes! That was one thing that was included in her education. Do not care about the outcome, do not care about the news or Thailands political situation. Do not trust the authorities nor the police. So, the result is that she can not care less, and we just laugh together about it.

• Sad 1

My mrs is fairly pragmatic about it . she did get a bit carried away with it all, initially ,as she is a bit of a facebook addict, and she thinks he's better looking than Prayut and any of the others.

But like me she doesn't trust any of the trough feeders, and does not share the  over optimistic dreams of utopia expressed by some of the posters on here, 

Her main worries are an increase in the baht, since I explained how it would affect her (us)  and stricter immigration, and she knows I won't be happy if they ban the devils lettuce again, (and neither will the mother in law)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

I made a bet with mine that this is what would happen. She was naively optimistic.....Now I am trying to gleen from her exactly what she thinks the Thai populace will actually do about it.....

Did she pay up?