Anyone else have an irritable wife this morning after election result

poppysdad

1 hour ago, RandolphGB said:

Exhibit A. Why any kind of progress in Siam will be a long time coming.  

There has been progress Siam become known as Thailand for the second time some years back. ????

Edited by Kwasaki

Just now, kingstonkid said:

Stoner. You can always respect the position and not the person in the position.  While serving in military I saluted a lot of officers that I did not respect and served a few prime ministers I thought were idiots.

my way to respect like you say would be to not involve myself with those institutions. we can all do it different ways. i just don't agree with some ways and vice versa. 

did you go to rmc ? 

On 7/13/2023 at 9:02 PM, poppysdad said:

As the heading indicates, my wife isn’t in the best of moods this morning after hearing of the fully expected election results yesterday. She flicking from channel to channel to see if the news is any better on another one, and any comment from me even in support of her results in a short sharp reply. 

I thought you said erection result at first.

On 7/14/2023 at 10:16 AM, nikmar said:

Mrs Nik is quite upbeat this morning, being a huge fan of the institution and the military government. Proper yellow shirt that she is. My son, on the other hand, is a little angry at it all. As you can imagine, there is a little friction in the house. Im staying clear! 

Pub tonight!

So sorry to hear your wife feels that way. She sounds highly conventional in her thinking. 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't go cinema, and I have noticed the lack of respect for the royal family over the years seems to be going same way as UK.

I will always have respect as a matter of course because that's the way I was brought up.

I was brought up in the UK to vote labour, I never voted for them in my life, and to stand for the national anthem. On one occasion I was leaving the cinema at the end when the doorman tried to stop me, I just swept him out of the road and walked straight past.

In other countries I always respect their culture and fall in line, but back in the UK, I decide what I do or don't do.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I was brought up in the UK to vote labour, I never voted for them in my life, and to stand for the national anthem. On one occasion I was leaving the cinema at the end when the doorman tried to stop me, I just swept him out of the road and walked straight past.

In other countries I always respect their culture and fall in line, but back in the UK, I decide what I do or don't do.

Each to their own.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

No, but many wives have come to me for ”comfort and solace”. So, guys,I'm doing best with my selfless sacrifice to make all your lives a little more tolerable...

Just wait till Prawit gets in...I'll be exhausted! ????

Edited by nchuckle

10 hours ago, stoner said:

my way to respect like you say would be to not involve myself with those institutions. we can all do it different ways. i just don't agree with some ways and vice versa. 

did you go to rmc ? 

God no 

Worked for a living 

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't go cinema, and I have noticed the lack of respect for the royal family over the years seems to be going same way as UK.

I will always have respect as a matter of course because that's the way I was brought up.

Respect has to be earned, cheating on your wife, spouting woke nonsense and climate change garbage as well as homeopathic lies does not get mine. While I had respect for the last lot this one just proves the point that inherited positions are hit and miss. The sooner Charles and his vile wife (I wont call her Queen) are gone the better all round.

13 hours ago, proton said:

Respect has to be earned, cheating on your wife, spouting woke nonsense and climate change garbage as well as homeopathic lies does not get mine. While I had respect for the last lot this one just proves the point that inherited positions are hit and miss. The sooner Charles and his vile wife (I wont call her Queen) are gone the better all round.

I don't have a close minded vindictive nature so obviously I don't try to judge others, it would make me a hypocrite.

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't have a close minded vindictive nature so obviously I don't try to judge others, it would make me a hypocrite.

Judging might make you a thinking, rational human citizen, instead of a fore lock touching subservient subject, grovelling to each new holder of these bygone autocratic positions.

19 minutes ago, proton said:

Judging might make you a thinking, rational human citizen, instead of a fore lock touching subservient subject, grovelling to each new holder of these bygone autocratic positions.

You don't have to be subservient to have respect. ????

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You don't have to be subservient to have respect. ????

Automatic respect is subservient, do you really think Camilla deserves respect just because her adulterous accomplice got a crown stuck on her head?

17 minutes ago, proton said:

Automatic respect is subservient, do you really think Camilla deserves respect just because her adulterous accomplice got a crown stuck on her head?

I'm glad that Charles and Camilla have found the happiness that should of been allowed in the first place.

58 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm glad that Charles and Camilla have found the happiness that should of been allowed in the first place.

Just a pity the adulterers ended up King and Queen consort, not deserved, or respected by most people. There you are you see, the system you have so much respect for stopped them being happy, just because she was judged a slut and not a virgin.

Edited by proton
  • Haha 1