Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra Postpones His Return to Thailand Indefinitely

snoop1130

Maybe he knows or or thinks another coup is coming. He's a politician of high sly order. IMO I find this very interesting and worrying. If Pita can't get the top job then who will? If it's one of the two PT nominations why would he be saying this?

• Thumbs Up 1

There's no doubt he will try to return and join an alliance with Prawit. He is totally opportunistic and has no concern about what voters want but is still thirsty for power at any price. And when this happens Thailand will enter a dark period of civil disobedience, arrests, disappearances and sporadic violence. A great recipe for a country to prosper and for it's people to be happy. Prayuth was an utter failure but his stench will linger on for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Former Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra has postponed his return home in July indefinitely, according to his daughter Paetongtarn Shinawatra.

He was never coming back... stop the dramatics.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It will be interesting to see what occurs with him.  He is such a polarizing individual and many still follow him.  Only time will tell.  Being tucked away in a foreign country of not ones birth can be very hard.  I am sure many can understand that, no matter what the circumstances and whose fault it may be.

Yes STAY AWAY (Thaksin) for the sake of Thailand. Only bad things will come out of it, if that guy returns here, BAD THINGS...

• Love It 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Former Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra has postponed his return home in July indefinitely

In the meantime a bed will continue to be made up for him in the Bangkok Hilton.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

If Pheu Thai betray the democratic alliance and join Pravit and Bhumjaithai to form a government, I'm not sure what sort of reception Thaksin would get if he returned.

Apart from the junta supporters who will always hate him and despise him further for his willingness to abandon allies, he will have alienated many of his former supporters.

Sure, they'll be die-hard red shirt grannies who'll still adore him but others? 

41 minutes ago, bannork said:

If Pheu Thai betray the democratic alliance and join Pravit and Bhumjaithai to form a government, I'm not sure what sort of reception Thaksin would get if he returned.

Apart from the junta supporters who will always hate him and despise him further for his willingness to abandon allies, he will have alienated many of his former supporters.

Sure, they'll be die-hard red shirt grannies who'll still adore him but others? 

I think this was the plan all along. The PT defection to the darker side will follow the dissolution of the MFP and inability for the coalition to form goverment. This will be masked by PT to their masses as a positive no choice move to enable them to remain in government so that they will be in a position to 'influence the old elite to return true democracy to Thailand and then transition them to a modern government for the people by the people'. Tony will be endorsed by Prawit to head the transformation and will spruke this as a new order of bipartisanship to end once and for all the ongoing political conflict.  

Simply put: Elite hold onto power, Tony gets home and the people are blindsided once again.  

Utterly descpicable. 

40 minutes ago, damian said:

I think this was the plan all along. The PT defection to the darker side will follow the dissolution of the MFP and inability for the coalition to form goverment. This will be masked by PT to their masses as a positive no choice move to enable them to remain in government so that they will be in a position to 'influence the old elite to return true democracy to Thailand and then transition them to a modern government for the people by the people'. Tony will be endorsed by Prawit to head the transformation and will spruke this as a new order of bipartisanship to end once and for all the ongoing political conflict.  

Simply put: Elite hold onto power, Tony gets home and the people are blindsided once again.  

Utterly descpicable. 

Blindsided, totally ignored ...

7 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

Yes STAY AWAY (Thaksin) for the sake of Thailand. Only bad things will come out of it, if that guy returns here, BAD THINGS...

Personally, I totally disagree. Were you living in Thailand throughout Thaksin's duration as PM like I was??

He turned BAD things into GOOD things for many, many ordinary Thai folk like those living up north in Lanna and Isaan, as I did. He shifted money from Bangkok to bring the North into the 21st Century, and that is one of the reasons he is still very popular. I certainly admire him whatever BS comes from the Southern anti - brigade!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Personally, I totally disagree. Were you living in Thailand throughout Thaksin's duration as PM like I was??

He turned BAD things into GOOD things for many, many ordinary Thai folk like those living up north in Lanna and Isaan, as I did. He shifted money from Bangkok to bring the North into the 21st Century, and that is one of the reasons he is still very popular. I certainly admire him whatever BS comes from the Southern anti - brigade!

He's a very smart guy. He used the government funds to help those in need so he could get massive amounts of votes from them. That is not bad. But he also used the powers he got this way to amass a very big fortune by favoring his own companies. That is bad.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

When he was in power, I recall seeing great optimism in the average Thai people....not only in rural areas, but those in Pattaya. 

• Thanks 1