Is there a way to pay using phone via QR codes in 7-11s with local bank accounts?

timoti

17 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Every day on my way to work I stop at the 7.

Every day I get stuck behind some mong fumbling with their phone to pay for their purchases.

Exactly, It's not a quick tap and go like in Europe.

What's the matter with cash? There is an ATM outside just about ever 7/11, what could you be buying that you would need to card it? I might understand if it was for sales of thousands  Baht, but buying your cheese toastie and a beer does not make sense yet in Thailand

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

Exactly, It's not a quick tap and go like in Europe.

What's the matter with cash? There is an ATM outside just about ever 7/11, what could you be buying that you would need to card it? I might understand if it was for sales of thousands  Baht, but buying your cheese toastie and a beer does not make sense yet in Thailand

Using these electronic payment methods.... do they have fee's and charge's ?

I confirm true money works. Finally i can go without cash. Although just had the bolt driver argue i had to pay him despite showing him it's paid by card and also showing the same amount deducted from my bank card.

I didn't pay him of course but it's a hassle if they don't realize the payment is done. Not sure if anyone else experienced this.

• 4 months later...
On 7/15/2023 at 9:15 PM, CanadaSam said:

711 is the only place I don't shop, because of this reason!

They don't accept my Bangkok Bank card, nor can I scan for payment using my phone app!

But, Family Mart, Big C, Lotus, etc. etc. etc. ALL willingly and happily accept any of my methods of payment!

The GF uses her 711 app, but when I tried to install that on my phone, guess what?  Yes, rejected again, because I don't have a Thai ID!

In any case, now that Move Forward has suggested to boycott businesses run by scoundrels against Pita, I am HAPPY to boycott 711 and give my business to their competitors!  555

I know this is old but you can google 7-11 TH app APK download. It will install that way.