Is it my laptop?

still kicking

On 7/16/2023 at 5:58 AM, save the frogs said:

not sure. possibly an anti-australian bias built into the algorithm.

Yeah that makes sense ... keep them out!  ... those nasty smelly belching beer bellied flip wearing farting foul mouthed boguns ????????????????

Signed an East Coast Aussie ????

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Right click and new tab works for me too (on a Mac). Another thing I've noticed is that notifications now only say 'somebody' responded to a post. As you imply, I'm confident AN are hard at wotk on the case ...

Same. The problem is that the web page doesn't have and can't get focus at least the first time the site is opened in a browser. This is likely to be an underlying javascript bug in the software they use and outside the direct control of AN I suspect.

Edited by ozimoron

5 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I have a laptop and desktop on Windows 10 and a smartphone on android. hope that helps.

Perhaps the desktop and laptop are different in the adblocking, cookie acceptance and spam settings.

If it was Windows, both would be affected.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps the desktop and laptop are different in the adblocking, cookie acceptance and spam settings.

If it was Windows, both would be affected.

Only the desktop is affected and only on the forums Newsletter. So I just use either my laptop or phone to read the Newsletter.

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Only the desktop is affected and only on the forums Newsletter. So I just use either my laptop or phone to read the Newsletter.

Compare the settings between the laptop and desktop...EG

Same Browser? If so compare Extensions, Add-Ins etc.

Try a different Browser.

Run CCleaner  (Free version is fine) on the offending machine. 

Caution: CC will remove all cookies by default so any saved logins etc will need to be re-entered - make sure you have notes of all your usernames and passwords

Edited by VBF

53 minutes ago, VBF said:

Run CCleaner  (Free version is fine) on the offending machine. 

Caution: CC will remove all cookies by default so any saved logins etc will need to be re-entered - make sure you have notes of all your usernames and passwords

Not if you set it up properly before running any of the options!

ccleaner.jpg.63987b954638f05fd4e9b979f930bdc3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Not if you set it up properly before running any of the options!

ccleaner.jpg.63987b954638f05fd4e9b979f930bdc3.jpg

Please read what I said........  "CC will remove all cookies by default " I do exactly as you appear to suggest in order to retain certain cookies! The OP appears to be something of a novice hence my warning.

Edited by VBF

On 7/18/2023 at 7:39 AM, BKKBike09 said:

Another thing I've noticed is that notifications now only say 'somebody' responded to a post. As you imply, I'm confident AN are hard at wotk on the case ...

That was a deliberate change made by the forum admins some months back... Nothing new with that change. And yes it was an intentional change, not a malfunction/bug that will be repaired.