Coalition reaffirms Pita as sole prime ministerial candidate

snoop1130

pita.png

The eight-party coalition reasserted today (Monday) that Move Forward leader Pita Limjaroenrat is its sole candidate for the premiership.

Pita was speaking after separate meetings with all coalition parties. The meetings were held after Pita’s first attempt to become the next premier of Thailand was thwarted on July 13th, as he could not secure enough parliamentary votes.

At that joint, Pita was nominated by Pheu Thai leader Cholnan Srikaew as the sole candidate.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/coalition-reaffirms-pita-as-sole-prime-ministerial-candidate/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Seems to me that this coalition is stronger than the powers that be and the junta apologists would have us believe! let's hope it stays that way as it's plain to see who the real enemy is...

United we conquer, divided we fall!

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The eight-party coalition reasserted today (Monday) that Move Forward leader Pita Limjaroenrat is its sole candidate for the premiership.

for sure arm-wrestling with the senate and even taunting the army

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Hypothetically, what is to stop Pita and his backers just saying he is the PM without the backing of the senators and taking the parliament building ? Saying that the military senators are irrelevant and his 300 odd votes is 60 off % of the populations votes.

Would the senators call in the military to stop it - would there be another coup  ? Would this action be seen as the old dictatorship being forcefully deposed ? Would it force a 'defence of democracy coup by the same self serving military' ? 

As for non voters, I think the law should be changed that non voters should reduce the number of people in any vote. If you need say 301 on a vote to win and 150 senators do not vote then you can win on 301 as the voting pot has been reduced from 750 to 600 !

If Pita is doing that, he is actually making a coup, but he has no guns to support it, so it will fail

4 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

for sure arm-wrestling with the senate and even taunting the army

you who are confused by my comments above! let me explain! the thai senate, some of whose members are appointed by the army, doesn't want mr Pida to be prime minister, but since the eight-party coalition is insisting, it's becoming a tug-of-war. in the end, it's titillating the army, which, as we know, has often taken power in thailand.
i hope i've made myself clear, but if not, keep up to date with thai politics.

1 hour ago, h90 said:

In BKK Post Srettha Thavisin is getting already in position to take over

But what if , in this scenario , the voting pattern does not change enough to push the coalition over the finish line. 

A lot more senators would have to give Srettha a vote to change anything. And if that happened the irony would not be missed by anyone. Hand picked senators voting to help a part they overthrew. 

19 minutes ago, Denim said:

But what if , in this scenario , the voting pattern does not change enough to push the coalition over the finish line. 

A lot more senators would have to give Srettha a vote to change anything. And if that happened the irony would not be missed by anyone. Hand picked senators voting to help a part they overthrew. 

Many claim (not me don't shoot the messenger) that than Anutin will get PM and PTP most of the ministers.