90 Day Internet Report Rejected for a Stupid Reason...TWICE!

For the second time in a row, my 90 Day TM-47 report was rejected yesterday. Now, my previous report had been rejected 90 days before, but for the life of me I couldn't remember why. I had carefully filled out the form online, studied it over and over again, where did I screw up? Could not see an issue and submitted it. Rejected for the same stupid reason as last time, according to the rejection email...Insert Visa Expiry Date. 

This is so stupid. The form puts little red stars next to information that is required for approval. It's easy! Here is where the problem is, next to the line where you need to enter that information, there is no red star! It appears that it's not required. Also, on the actual copy of the form that you can print out after submitting it, there is no line for Visa Expiry Date! 

Fortunately, all you need to do is reapply. They're doing a good job of responding quickly to applications. Mine is always approved (or rejected, errr) the next day. But, am I the only idiot that gets tripped it by this nonsense? 

And how are you going to point out the issue to Immigration? 

So here is me whinging about my ongoing stupidity and their incompetence. ????

Edited by Pinot
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe most people have found it is best to use the copy magnifier icon to re-enter all information exactly as previous approved submission (updating if required) rather than trying to remember how you did it last time.  

I print out a copy of the TM47 application for reference, but again there is no line for Visa Expiry Date on the form. This time I wrote in big letters ENTER VISA EXPIRY DATE on my copy so I won't forget.  

1 hour ago, Pinot said:

So here is me whinging about my ongoing stupidity and their incompetence. ????

You did end up re-submitting and getting it approved, I take it?

Even without the 'required' mark on the field, best to fill it in, it's kind of the key piece of info on one's status. 

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

"Stay Visa Expire", is the field, no red asterisk but best to enter it. I use my current permission to stay date. That works for CW, my office, and has for a few years.

I'd just re-file, adding your current permission to stay date, or the expiry of your current visa.

tm47ol.jpg

I did, no problem. It's just that line should have a red asterisk like the rest of the required info. It was approved in less than 24 hours. 

Thanks for pointing out what I'm talking about here.  

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

tm47ol.jpg

Got it.

Page layout software bug. 'Given name' and 'Middle name' also have no stars. What's in common? The longest labels come too close to the entry box cutting out the star.  Common software bug. Switch to Thai language and see if the stars reappear.

Thanks, I'll remember that. This kind of problem could get anyone.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Celsius said:

This is why I never do 90 day reports and just pay a fine once a year. 

Every time I post this I get a bunch of confused emoticons as I am sure will now.

Enjoy slumming it at immigration 4 times a year or navigating the online mess. I just budget extra 2000b per year for the convenience.

I budget 120 Bhat, 4 reports by mail per year. No time lost. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Celsius said:

Every time I post this I get a bunch of confused emoticons as I am sure will now.

Enjoy slumming it at immigration 4 times a year or navigating the online mess. I just budget extra 2000b per year for the convenience.

You've clearly been here too long and are acting like a Thai - the law is inconvenient so it doesn't apply to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

It seems like you have been awkward by not giving pretty standard visa related information and got rejected for it. I understand there should be a red asterisk and there isn't, but surely common sense tells you to add it anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe most people have found it is best to use the copy magnifier icon to re-enter all information exactly as previous approved submission (updating if required) rather than trying to remember how you did it last time.  

I did that but it didn't work this time after several successful online reports for a new reason. I wrote about it on the main thread.

3 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

I did that but it didn't work this time after several successful online reports for a new reason. I wrote about it on the main thread.

But you said you used a screen shot to enter information - nothing about using the icon.  One character out of place could cause a rejection.  And I also have two soi number address.

19 hours ago, rabas said:

Page layout software bug. 'Given name' and 'Middle name' also have no stars. What's in common? The longest labels come too close to the entry box cutting out the star.  Common software bug. Switch to Thai language and see if the stars reappear.

'Arrival Thailand Date' is longer than 'Stay Visa Expire'. However the red asterisk appears next to the former, and not the latter?

My guess is that someone just forgot the red asterisk.

How do you switch to Thai Language on this page?

23 hours ago, Celsius said:

When they reject it and I send a broker it costs 3000 Baht.

If I go there by taxi the taxi costs 2x500=1000 Baht

So that 2000 seem very reasonable

1 hour ago, Vibora99 said:

It is very easy to blame others... When the error is yours, by not filling in all the information requested (with or without a red dot)

It's easy to blame others when others are indeed to blame.

The poor layout of the form is bad enough, but allowing the form to be submitted when required information is missing? Totally unforgivable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayClay said:

It's easy to blame others when others are indeed to blame.

The poor layout of the form is bad enough, but allowing the form to be submitted when required information is missing? Totally unforgivable. 

Agreed.

Imm could make a video, they've done that before. They could also provide a few samples, with notes/addendum.

No question the current procedure is better than the initial web page, and the mobile app, especially if you're on a run of successful filings and nothing has changed.

39 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

'Arrival Thailand Date' is longer than 'Stay Visa Expire'. However the red asterisk appears next to the former, and not the latter?

My guess is that someone just forgot the red asterisk.

How do you switch to Thai Language on this page?

True, maybe need a new theory.

However, when programming these kinds of pages there are often parameters for position, box size, text size, etc.  Get any wrong and things disappear. 

Not sure if Immigration has a Thai/English option. One way to switch to Thai might be to use Chrome translate, but that may or may not show a hidden star.