90 Day Internet Report Rejected for a Stupid Reason...TWICE!

Thai Immigration website and app are a ‘joke’. I tried to report as a home owner. First time was ok. Second time after 2 months, it kept rejecting my user and password. I used ‘forgot’ and reset new one and it’s still rejected. So I gave-up after 6 attempts. Que Serra Serra.

30 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Use an agent, usually free 90day reports

I do not like using agents for 1 reason. I do not like giving my passport to them. I already lost passport once living in Thailand (my fault). If something happens to it again, my government (and really most governments) has every right to make the issuing more difficult or flat out deny it.

• Haha 2

On 7/18/2023 at 9:10 AM, Celsius said:

This is why I never do 90 day reports and just pay a fine once a year. 

Every time I post this I get a bunch of confused emoticons as I am sure will now.

Enjoy slumming it at immigration 4 times a year or navigating the online mess. I just budget extra 2000b per year for the convenience.

Is that even possible? Wouldn't you be in 270 days overstay if you only reported once/year? More than 90 days overstay is a 12 month ban......isn't it?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

Is that even possible? Wouldn't you be in 270 days overstay if you only reported once/year? More than 90 days overstay is a 12 month ban......isn't it?

Nah not for 90 day reports. Max fine is 4000 THB if arrested or 2000 THB if you go to Immigration yourself

What you are thinking of is overstay past your Extension Expiry Date!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

Nah not for 90 day reports. Max fine is 4000 THB if arrested or 2000 THB if you go to Immigration yourself

What you are thinking of is overstay past your Extension Expiry Date!

I know two people who missed their 90 day report and were banned? One of them for 5 years (just recently for less than a month late) and the other for 12 months for over 3 months late. Is it the jargon being used that's throwing me here? 

3 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

I know two people who missed their 90 day report and were banned? One of them for 5 years (just recently for less than a month late) and the other for 12 months for over 3 months late. Is it the jargon being used that's throwing me here? 

You are confused.

22 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

Not only confused but just plain silly. Take a few minutes to think about it. Also be careful about the friends you keep. ????

We are talking reporting your residence which has nothing to do with your visa expiration date.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, BritTim said:

That is totally impossible. If banned, it was for another offence, not simply a failure to do the 90-day report. My guess is that they had a multiple entry Non O visa, and did not understand that the visa expiry date had nothing to do with the expiry date of their permission to stay.

Most likely - they did not do the 90 day exit/return required with a multi entry visa - each entry is 90 days so if do not exit will be on overstay.

This thread is about reporting your home address every 90 days when you are allowed to stay longer (extension of stay).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BritTim said:

That is totally impossible. If banned, it was for another offence, not simply a failure to do the 90-day report. My guess is that they had a multiple entry Non O visa, and did not understand that the visa expiry date had nothing to do with the expiry date of their permission to stay.

Cheers, I was taken aback too when he told me. I think you're right, there's some other reason for his 5 year ban.