Driving school

Chainsaw

9 minutes ago, Chainsaw said:

I should have mentioned, this is for my wife, I'm not looking for an easy pass driving school. I want her to be a totally competent driver after the course. Thank you for your input Schlog.

Extremely unlikely 

10 hours ago, delgarcon said:

Unfortunately Thais do not learn how to drive competently. I had to teach my gf how to drive after she had completed her lessons in Koh Samui and passed her test, the test being a total farce.

That's the kind of driving school I want to avoid. Many Thais are competent drivers, having learned at a good driving school. I'm not looking for a 'paid for' guaranteed pass.

10 hours ago, delgarcon said:

I had to teach my gf how to drive after she had completed her lessons in Koh Samui and passed her test,

That is why some countries have P plates.

P plates ('probationary' plates) let other drivers know that you're new to the road. No one is required to put P plates on their car. However, they can be a good idea because it means other drivers know that you only recently passed your test. They will likely be more sympathetic and give you more time to make decisions at roundabouts or junctions.

https://youngcardriver.com/learning/p-plates/

15 hours ago, Chainsaw said:

I should have mentioned, this is for my wife, I'm not looking for an easy pass driving school. I want her to be a totally competent driver after the course. Thank you for your input Schlog.

The business model of these is built on passing, that said this place seems to be about the best.....

Just to clarify for everyone. My wife enrolled at one of these 'easy pass' driving schools. She had 3 'lessons' and now has a legitimate driving licence to drive a car! One small problem - she can't drive! This why I'm asking for information from anyone who has experience of a good, professional driving school in Phuket.

I've already Googled but I would like to hear from anyone who has first hand experience.