Thai students bag 30 awards in international mathematics contest

webfact

image.jpeg

Thai students have won 30 awards, including 11 gold medals, seven silvers and three bronzes, at the 2023 international mathematics contest held in Seoul, South Korea.

The Thai students also took seven awards in three special categories, including three Legend Awards, for those who have won gold medals in three consecutive years, the Star of the World award and three Diamond awards.

26 students from 16 schools, representing 11 provinces, participated in the contest against about 3,000 students from 16 other countries.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-students-bag-30-awards-in-international-mathematics-contest/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

There's no need to be on facebook.

Perhaps the issue is you don't know how to click on a link. ????

Oops my bad So a written exam, not really as noteworthy as those tests with mental math IMO.

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They have some of the top teachers and schools in the world.

Most of these kids are identified early and are trained by top teachers/professors. They are in no way a reflection of the average Thai student in regular schools (believe me, I teach them!)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, proton said:

went into a shop last week one item 25 baht another 25 baht, needed a calculator to work it out, me holding out 50 baht!????

haha, yes check-out chicks aint the sharpest knives in the drawer.  I bought a 960bt bottle of oil and tendered 1000bt.  Even though the register showed the correct change the cashier checked on her calculator :shock1:

I've often totted up a handwritten invoice, reading upside down, and informed the clerk what the total is before they can finish entering on their calc.  The look of wonderment is something to behold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai students have won 30 awards............................................ at the 2023 international mathematics contest

Congratulations. Maybe TAT should recruit you to provide the correct figures!!