Long term concussion or worse

2008bangkok

10 hours ago, natway09 said:

If you believe it has not repaired itself I would go & have an MRI just to be sure.

They are not a prohibitive price here at private hospitals

Did you at any time bleed from the ear ?. If so my suggestion above is imperative

I had no bleeding apart from the cut itself which was on the harlone at the top of the head

16 hours ago, thailand49 said:

y comment originally is someone trying to use data regarding death?  I commented the country is much larger more access to treatment and a process and openness to data that doesn't exist here. 

You comment is outside of the realm of what is being discussed. 

Sure: U.S. Adults Still Struggle with Access to and Affordability of Health Care (commonwealthfund.org)

Ever been in a private hospital here? Very quick service.

Edited by FritsSikkink

15 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Correct some of the stuff you hear is nonsense as if they had a few beers and believe everything they hear. Many if you aren't register resident can't use the system in Pattaya for example if you are from another village. This was one of the biggest criticism during Covid, in Bangkok sending infected patients back to their village on buses and trains.

They can use hospitals in different provinces, just need a referral. You haven't got a clue.

7 hours ago, Furioso said:

You fell off an 8 foot fence onto your head? You're lucky to be alive. That's at least a severe concussion, I'm not surprised you still have headaches.

And you drank alcohol afterwards? What is it with people that come to Thailand, just obsessed with drinking all the time, even after a severe accident? 

You need to take care of yourself. Jesus. 

I was nieve, I didn't know it affects it that bad, I literally thought it was a couple days thing, 

I wasn't drinking all the time, just sitting on the patio, few whiskeys with my music on.

I have stopped drinking alcohol for now until it's sorted.

26 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

They can use hospitals in different provinces, just need a referral. You haven't got a clue.

Your missing the point, healthcare for Thais is not free, there are consessions if you meet the criteria but that's not everybody.

For example I would class free healthcare as you can walk into any hospital in the country and get sorted like you can in the UK.

That's free healthcare

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

If you didn't want to hijack the post why did you lol.

Send the person a PM and battle it out that way jeez

555, you must be feeling better nevertheless  I checked again take aride into Bangkok as suggested by Sheryl. There are poster and moderators she is tops when it comes to medical. 

I don't do PM, when someone calls you out publically I address it public.

Edited by thailand49

To give the situation young v old, when I was about 25, I was in a TVR convertible (boss giving.me a lift home)as a passenger and the car must of rolled 5 times,. flipped me out, landed underneath the back axels,. smashed my stomach to bits.but at least after waking up with a colonstoby bag, that still not as painful as my head, maybe was at time time but...

I don't have any advice, but you have my sympathy and I hope you feel better soon.

I wouldn't mess around when it came to my brain, providing I had the money or insurance, and I think it's always worth getting a second opinion or really pushing for more testing.  Sometimes people can fob you off in order to save money, avoid risk, or even because they're just lazy.

If you think you need to care, don't be afraid to demand it.