Pita says the aim must be to stop “old power” succession

webfact

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Fully agree—the dinosaurs should be extinct—but best off saying this and ruffling feathers once you’re in power. 

He is showing his lack of political experience, he will talk himself into obscurity.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bannork said:

The middle class never took to PT because they knew it was controlled by Thaksin who really only cared about himself. 

There was no party genuinely interested in reform in Thailand until Future Forward came along.

The elite struck them down but Move Forward naturally emerged from the ashes .

The authorities may ban MF but a successor will surely emerge, stronger with a groundswell of support.

I agree.  I think for many Thais, like my partner, there is finally hope.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, luckyblock token said:

It’s time this american agent return back to his real homeland. I am sure the globalist will finance him some more semesters at Harvard university.

Agree. (Join hands with Zelensky)

Thailand is conservative. I came here because I like this country the way it is. Let's hope some liberal with vague plans of "changing old power structures" will fail and Thailand will stay this way and not take a great step (towards the abyss or anywhere else).

Edited by thailandsgreat
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

15 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

What does he mean by busting monopolies? When I hear this I fear he will sell out state owned enterprise? But I know very little about Thai politics. What monopolies does he refer to, state or privately owned?

Beer

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I read your POV (and others similar) as a bizarre and incorrect PROJECTION of western right wing politics (for example Trumpists that love Putin because of his support of "traditional" values) on Thailand. That's just totally wrong and pathetic. 

But I guess for many expats it's to their benefit to have a huge exploited underclass in Thailand. Keeps the labor cheap so we can enjoy and afford all kinds of "services" that we can't back home. Not exactly a morally defensible position, is it?

OK. Go make your commie revolution here. You have the farmers and the women. Europe was broken with muslims and women.

And for Americans who don't know Europe's disaster, you know nothing what MFP would turn Thailand into.

Edited by thailandsgreat
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, thailandsgreat said:

OK. Go make your revolution here. You have the farmers and the women. Europe was broken with muslims and women.

And for Americans who don't know Europe's disaster, you know nothing what MFP would turn Thailand into.

You're projecting again. All that does is tell us what's in your brain. It tells us nothing about Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It does appear any meaningful change will require a full on revolution, by the people. Toss the goons out of power, and perhaps out of the county, into exile. But, I just don't see that happening yet. 

One would think after the covid failures, the highly selective business shutdowns, and the Prayuth Economic Decimation, the people would be fed up. I guess they have a much higher tolerance for pain, suffering and deprivation than I thought. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Who is this globalist?

Not sure, you need the same Kool-Aid that luckyblock token drinks.

I'm more interested in his pitch that Pita is a "Manchurian Candidate"? Much better than some reality-challenged buffoon here suggesting Pita was a "Ivy League Trojan Horse".

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

The establishment going all out to crush MF .

Yes. MFP must be eliminated entirely. Party banned. Principals banned lifetime. A few leaders will be charged with 112/116, and/or forced/allowed to leave the country. It will be ugly.

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Pita does inspire people. He can't easily be replaced in that. So for him to be eliminated is a real loss of hope for Thai democracy. He kind of reminds me of Bobby Kennedy (not his son!). 

Thanathorn did too. I'm sure MF has many willing to take his place. When people believe in what they're saying, they naturally sound more inspirational than tired old faces repeating old cliches about nationalism.