Exorbitant payment processing fees for AirAsia flights

omnipresent

On 7/23/2023 at 1:43 PM, spidermike007 said:

Also factoring in the fact that AirAsia does not allow hardly any changes, nor refunds. And they over charge for baggage too. 

Plus one time I made a booking from DM to CM including a lighweight folding wheel chair in the check-in baggage, and of course there's a charge, which I paid to complete the booking.

On arrival at DM the check-in staff asked me to take my wheel chair to another floor and send it by one of the courier services. I refused.

Then I asked for the airline owned wheelchair to be brought to check-in to take me to security check and to the aircraft door.

They refused "We don't have a service like that, you have to walk."

One junior boy said can you ask another passenger  who has a cabin size wheeled suitcase if you can sit on the wheeled suitcase.

At this stage an AA supervisor appeared and asked "What's the problem". I started to tell her only to be interupted by the girl sittting behind the check-in desk "Customers cannot talk to the supervisor."

I ignored that and talked over the top of the check-in girl, supervisor came closer to me and we had an intelligent focused discussion. Supervisor then berated all the check-in staff and supervisor called someone. Within 2 minutes a boy came running with an AA wheelchair.

Supervisor then assigned one of the boys behind the counter to take care of me through security and to the departure gate, and she instructed him to stay with me until a few seconds before I boarded the aircraft. Then she told the boy, "A few seconds before boarding call me and then give your phone to the customer so that the customer can confirm that you stayed with him until just before the aircraft door.

She then tore strips off the check-in supvr. on duty.

On the other hand I flew AA CM to Kuala Lumphur and on to Sydney, with checked-in wheelchair. The service was excellent, 5 star at CM for check-in, on arrival at KL and being taken to their loungeand back to the aircraft, on the aircraft, and on arrival in Sydney. Every step focused, polite, full care. I wouldn't expect anything more from a full service airline. Well done AA.  

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 9:57 AM, freeworld said:

Proceed to finalise the booking there is a payment fee 107 baht for air asia

If it was round trip for 2 people that fee becomes over 400, which is unfair, as processing of a payment doesn't require more resources if there are more people or legs in the itinerary, right? It's still a one-time transaction of some THB, so why charge 4x?