Thai Officials Clarify Approval of 24/7 Entertainment Venues in the Pattaya Area: U-Tapao Airport Area Only

webfact

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Cabinet has given the nod to a proposal that promotes round-the-clock operations of Pattaya entertainment venues.

Chinese visitors will have to use plastic straws instead of paper ones now for their single shared glass of water. They won´t last 24hrs. 

Completely useless, as usual. Hopefully the incoming government will do better - but I'm not holding my hopes up. Entertainment should be allowed to operate 24/7 in ALL entertainment zones - there is no valid reason why it shouldn't. Thailand in general and Bangkok especially are getting less tourists directly as a result of the wet blanket rules and enforcement post-Covid. They used Covid as an excuse to shorten hours - even though it made no sense - and never allowed it to recover to pre-Covid hours.

8 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Completely useless, as usual. Hopefully the incoming government will do better - but I'm not holding my hopes up. Entertainment should be allowed to operate 24/7 in ALL entertainment zones - there is no valid reason why it shouldn't. Thailand in general and Bangkok especially are getting less tourists directly as a result of the wet blanket rules and enforcement post-Covid. They used Covid as an excuse to shorten hours - even though it made no sense - and never allowed it to recover to pre-Covid hours.

Why, who needs it?

The tourists they covet are not necessarily the types who want to party all night. 

Plenty of reasons not to need 24/7 nightlife.....

Covid was a reason to shut down, not to trim the opening hours, because people were getting infected and dying. Still banging on about that are we?

On 7/25/2023 at 10:10 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

So, what entertainment venues are there at U-Tapao Airport; stewardess strip clubs?? (Asking for a friend.)

Or is that another pointless permit?

Stewardess? Seriously? Are you in your 90's