Seeking MRI / CT Scans specialized clinics in Bangkok

DonnaDwyer

The Doctor at the hospital says I need a chest, and whole abdomen MRI.  I am a senior of 72 and have no insurance and cannot afford it, so I pay cash, however, the cost for these tests are huge, and I read that it would be cheaper to get an MRI at a specialized Scan clinic.  I have googled and only found hospitals, not these clinics.  Would any of you know where these MRI/CT scan clinics are and maybe what they are actually called, so I might do a proper search?  Thank you..

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, DonnaDwyer said:

The Doctor at the hospital says I need a chest, and whole abdomen MRI.  I am a senior of 72 and have no insurance and cannot afford it, so I pay cash, however, the cost for these tests are huge, and I read that it would be cheaper to get an MRI at a specialized Scan clinic.  I have googled and only found hospitals, not these clinics.  Would any of you know where these MRI/CT scan clinics are and maybe what they are actually called, so I might do a proper search?  Thank you..

Hello Donna. I can only speak from my experience. My father was in urgent need of a CT scan thus my knowledge of this topic.

In my search for information, I found only certain facilities have the needed equipment. Furthermore it was not easy finding this information out. You need to ask the right questions, talk to the right person and most of all be patient. You will get conflicting information speaking to less qualified individuals. During my year long journey I learned the best thing to do is ask for the person in charge. More than likely you will find kindness and a professional attitude with your options.

In other words, calling or asking at the information desk won't get the job done. The exact question you need to ask is "what hospitals have the equipment for a CT scan or MRI? Yes they are not cheap and sometimes there's waiting lists.

In my case, I had to go to Chonburi Provincial Hospital. They have the facilities needed. There was two other places in Bangkok but in my case that was not an option.

I hope this information serves you well and most importantly, you have a positive outcome.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The hospital that you deal with usually has a deal with a clinic suggest going to a government hospital like rajavithi at victory monument. Wat my be long but they can get yo set up

This is true. Finding the right person who knows this can be a challenge.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 12:21 AM, gwapofarang said:

In my case, I had to go to Chonburi Provincial Hospital. They have the facilities needed. There was two other places in Bangkok but in my case that was not an option.

This must be based on using government facilities as most private hospitals in Bangkok have such equipment, and for such scans the cost may not be that much more than a government hospital in our experience.  As said contrast/scan can be problematic for some and should only be done with highest level of medical supervision (not playing games on their phones) and facilities for treatment in the event of negative reactions.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1