Road trip

On 7/26/2023 at 11:50 AM, lanng khao said:

If the girls are into shopping give korat a look, 3 big malls and a outdoor market called save one that takes 2 days to get around, stay in the kantary hotel, mention my name you'll get a discount..

Off the subject of touring in Thailand. 

Just recently went with family and friend to Vietnam for a tour. I was told it was a 4 day 3 night tour.   Seemed to be more of a shopping tour than any thing else.  It was 2 shopping centers a day with 1 touristy thing a day.  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Just recently went with family and friend to Vietnam for a tour. I was told it was a 4 day 3 night tour.   Seemed to be more of a shopping tour than any thing else.  It was 2 shopping centers a day with 1 touristy thing a day.  

Sounds crap

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 1:39 PM, Digitalbanana said:

Driving there would be my last choice during a public holiday weekend. Waiting for the car ferry, been there, done that, never again.

If you time it right the old Centre point ferry is running again very few passengers/cars at the moment. only 4 ferries a day, but can buy return ticket, the only lady selling tickets smiles, Koh Chang side drive straight on, show/buy ticket Trat side.

807325669_IMG_20230511_091346(2).jpg.c8c160eeceec33d9ca7a5254a460114d.jpg

My wife pulled that I want to go to Korat  NOW on me at 10:10 this morning.  With 2 baskets full of dirty close and the traffic at full flow going that direction I said no problem. Here's 6,000 baht and I will take you to the bus station.  We/she has taken the bus before.  She gets to go and I get piece and quiet.  A win win . Only problem she didn't go. 

On 7/27/2023 at 5:48 PM, radiochaser said:

On 7/28/2023 at 12:44 PM, bignok said:

Sounds crap

Hey!   I got some nice underwear made from bamboo cloth!   ????

Best part was the ride up and down from some fake French village like place in the mountains, riding in cable cars.   Ride was about 20 minutes up and 20 down.