Increase of entrance fees for foreigners visiting Thailand's 72 historical sites and museums

anchadian

On 7/26/2023 at 12:14 PM, phetphet said:

But what is the rationale in not increasing the fee for Thais if Thai price hasn't increased for 15 years either?

If you have to ask that question you're not paying attention.

There's a lot to learn!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Fine, you are lucky, maybe where you are going is not on the mainstream so to speak. I only commented from my own experiences in Chiang Mai, and other large parks. That is why I do not bother any more. I would be happy to pay a small increase, but 500% is just plain daylight robbery. Before anyone says 'it is only 2 beers'. it is not the money, but the principle.

However, I wish you continued luck in getting in using your licence.......:thumbsup:

Ok, if you call Bangkok and Pattaya for off mainstream.

22 hours ago, Goat said:

Thats right Mike. Why dont you really make them pay and leave altogether.

That would be shattered without you mate.

Has it occurred to you that it might be their plan to keep out the riff raff complainers out?

Let me understand this a little better. You are referring to ALL expats, and ALL tourists as riff raff?  Have a rather low estimation of foreigners, do we?

And FYI. Government officials here do not have plans. Getting through the day is the extent of the planning they do.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Let me understand this a little better. You are referring to ALL expats, and ALL tourists as riff raff?  Have a rather low estimation of foreigners, do we?

And FYI. Government officials here do not have plans. Getting through the day is the extent of the planning they do.

Well, planning and organising food for morning break, lunch and afternoon break is a full-time job, no time for anything productive. 

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nah, just the ones that complain and get all worked up about 50 baht. 

4 hours ago, Goat said:

Nah, just the ones that complain and get all worked up about 50 baht. 

Closer to 400 baht. A fairly hefty entrance fee. I get the annoyance. A reasonable position to take with tourists. Fairly arrogant, ignorant and obnoxious when it comes to expats, with a Thai DL or ID card. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1