PRESS RELEASE: End Frozen Pensions For British Ex-Pats In Thailand

By 2026 the balance sheets of Western Central Banks will rise by something like 40%

That's a currency debasement there, so even if they just up it a notch the pensions still won't be worth <deleted>, Thailand's currency will strengthen over the next 5-15 until they hit their own demographic issue. 

• Confused 5
  • Thanks 1

There are NO dedicated MPs for pensioners who are affected by this. There are NO votes in it for any MP, so why would they vote to spend even more of the taxpayers money to increase our pensions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salaries_of_members_of_the_United_Kingdom_Parliament#:~:text=MPs normally receive a pension,accrual rate of 1%2F40th.

Basic salary
The basic annual salary of an MP in the House of Commons is £86,584.[1] That is more than 10 times my annual frozen pension rate.

Pension
MPs normally receive a pension of either 1/40th or 1/50th of their final pensionable salary for each year of pensionable service depending on the contribution rate they chose. Members who made contributions of 13.75% of their salary gain an accrual rate of 1/40th.[24]

If an MP stands down during the course of a Parliament due to ill health, an ill health retirement grant is payable, calculated in the same way as the Resettlement Grant (as well as an immediate pension based on the service the MP would have accrued if they had continued to serve until age 65).

There is a lot more information in the link including 

Resettlement Grant

Winding-up Allowance

Office expenses

Housing, second home, and travel

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My UK state pension brings in 10,500GBP/year (40kbht/month).

Don't know why you say it's worth <deleted>.

The highest and increased pension (23/24 effective 6 April 2023) in UK (as a resident) is GBP203.85 per week:

x4 = 815.40 per month = GBP9,784.80 per annum.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

probably with the future uk govs they will only pay uk pensions to pensioners living in the UK cess pit.

As is already the case with Australia, I believe. But at least we would then be spared the Life Certificate bureaucratic nonsense which DWP insist on inflicting on us every couple of years or so! ????

44 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

203.85 x 52 = 10,600 GBP

44 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

UK state pensions are paid weekly/4-weekly, not monthly.  £203.85 x 52 = £10,600.20. 

I stand corrected. [But as a non resident whose 66th birthday was on 31 March 2023, I missed out on the 203.85 and will now forever get the 185.15 per week, or 9,627.80 pa.]

Still, based on my miscalculation (8887.20), I now realise I get 9,627.80✔️, so that's nice. 10,600.20 would have been nicer, but so far the rise in GBP to THB has improved it.

24 minutes ago, OJAS said:

As is already the case with Australia, I believe. But at least we would then be spared the Life Certificate bureaucratic nonsense which DWP insist on inflicting on us every couple of years or so! ????

Incorrect. I get about $60 less than an Australian pension for a pensioner in Australia, as the subsidies for electricity and phone are removed after six weeks away. Otherwise, it's pension paid normally. Indexed for COL, I have never really tracked it though.

Ex servicemen/women get pension increments even if they don't live in the UK. I also get disability benefit with increments even though I don't live in the UK. The other month I was paid 150 Quid for something I know nothing about. I think it was 'cost of living' payment.  The place is crazy.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Wow, a USA govt pension max is around $4500 now.

The UK around $1,000?

How sad, anyone ever inquire what they have done with all the money?

Over the past 75 years it has all been wasted by successive governments. Not one of them has ever been worth a light and wouldn't give you the drippings from their nose on a cold winters day. This went to the ECHR a few years back and was thrown out, so no chance. UK governments have learnt a lot from Scrooge over the years, and still building on it. 

• Like 1