Motorbike licence Pranburi

skorts

I am on my second 5 year Thai car driving licence issued by the Pranburi Transport Office and now want to get a motorbike licence. I have a full U.K. motorbike licence shown on my current U.K. drivers licence. Having not been to the U.K. for 4.5 years I cannot get an International Drivers licence. 
Can I go the the Pranburi Transport Office with my U.K. passport, Thai car driving licence, U.K. driving licence, doctors certificate and Immigration proof of residence and get a motorbike licence without having to take any tests?

if anyone knows of an agent who can assist me please let me know. I have always done the licences on my own but think an agent might make this process smoother. Thanks for any help. 

On 7/30/2023 at 1:54 PM, skorts said:

I am on my second 5 year Thai car driving licence issued by the Pranburi Transport Office and now want to get a motorbike licence. I have a full U.K. motorbike licence shown on my current U.K. drivers licence. Having not been to the U.K. for 4.5 years I cannot get an International Drivers licence. 
Can I go the the Pranburi Transport Office with my U.K. passport, Thai car driving licence, U.K. driving licence, doctors certificate and Immigration proof of residence and get a motorbike licence without having to take any tests?

if anyone knows of an agent who can assist me please let me know. I have always done the licences on my own but think an agent might make this process smoother. Thanks for any help. 

You will need to sit for eye and reflex tests 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2023 at 1:54 PM, skorts said:

I have a full U.K. motorbike licence shown on my current U.K. drivers licence. Having not been to the U.K. for 4.5 years

If your UK motorcycle license still valid (not expired) then you can get your Thai M license without riding test, but still you need to ask your area DLT office, since every office of any department has own recipes here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2023 at 4:38 PM, Gottfrid said:

What´s the problem with making the tests? As you already have a UK license, that should be easy peasy

No problem taking the tests just don’t want to spend hours waiting around if I don’t need to. As you say the tests should be easy prays compared to U.K. bike test. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Theory said:

If your UK motorcycle license still valid (not expired) then you can get your Thai M license without riding test, but still you need to ask your area DLT office, since every office of any department has own recipes here. 

I agree. I will go armed with all of my documents and see what they say. I think eye and reflex tests may be required. 

16 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

an agent can't take your eye test nor sit for your photo. as you already have the car license, just take the papers down and have a bike permit added.

I was hoping to just get the motorbike licence without taking any tests. Last time I was there for hours for my 5 year car licence renewal just to do the eye test and reflex test. But that was impacted by covid so hopefully it will be quicker if required this time.