Gallup poll finds most Americans give Biden administration a negative ethics score

Social Media

image.png

Americans rate the ethics of the Biden administration more negatively than positively, with only 42 percent of people giving it a positive rating, according to a Gallup poll released Thursday.

The 42 percent ethics score given to the “top Biden administration officials,” in the poll’s language, is just above the 37- and 38-percent scores given to former President Trump’s top officials during his administration. The poll is the first ethics assessment from Gallup since President Biden took office.

The poll found that 34 percent of Americans find the Biden officials’ ethics standards good, and 37 percent find them poor. Among Democrats, 84 percent rated the Biden administrations’ ethics as excellent or good, while only 6 percent of Republicans gave them that rating.

Biden’s overall approval rating has held at a steady-but-low figure of around 40 percent, according to to recent polling.

The same Gallup polling gave former President George W. Bush’s administration an ethics rating above 70 percent and former President Obama’s administration an ethics rating of 50 percent while they were serving in office. Those ratings were also close to Bush’s and Obama’s approval ratings at the time.

The poll released Thursday was conducted from July 3-27 and included 1,015 American adults. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's good to see the American people finally waking up to the charade that is the Biden clan. His term has been incredibly damaging to the reputation of the United States overseas. 

You sure about that?

Biden Scores Higher Approval Abroad Than at Home
Majorities in all but one country included in a recent survey have a favorable opinion of the United States, according to the Pew Research Center.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2023-06-27/survey-finds-positive-international-opinion-of-the-u-s-biden

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Ya think!?! I can't think of any President in my lifetime that has the stench of sleeze that Biden has. Trying to deny the existence of his poor little granddaughter, sending cluster bombs to a conflict, the involvement in his families clandestine and much denied overseas financial shenanigans with companies linked to countries that as VP he had huge power at crafting policy in, and the lies denying it and attempts to cover it up resulting in the current confidence crisis in the DOJ, his kids writings, the inappropriate sniffing of young kids and women the self aggrandizing lies, the 5 times draft dodging for asthma while a healthy lifeguard, and on and on. So immoral. So unethical.

Think harder!  It wasn't that long ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You sure about that?

Biden Scores Higher Approval Abroad Than at Home
Majorities in all but one country included in a recent survey have a favorable opinion of the United States, according to the Pew Research Center.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2023-06-27/survey-finds-positive-international-opinion-of-the-u-s-biden

But not among the frothing Daily Fail readership!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The only reason it's higher than at home is because Americans are subject to more coverage of his failings. 

It's a bit like trying to prove how popular you are by saying people who don't know me like me more than those who do ????.

Spin away. Your claim about American unpopularity was B.S. Of course, had levelled the same charge at the previous administration you would have been correct.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Lovely, but irrelevant. The job of President is NOT to be loved abroad.  It is to do what is best for his country, regardless of what furriners think.  We have the same problem in Canada-Trudeau has a great image overseas but is an abject failure on the home front.  

Why direct your comments at me? It was JonnyF who made the original claim. Why don't you criticize him for that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, riclag said:

Step down ! Nah ! Must put this guy through the walk of shame first( impeachment  inquiry),he’s a liar and grifter,then put him on trial after he gets voted out of office., the dem controlled senate wont imop

Even CBS  corrects Goldman“illusion” claim about the bidens access , it was showing  the signal of access & influence .

More about this CBS reporter, Catherine Herridge

CBS correspondent amplifies — and manipulates — bogus Senate GOP report against Joe Biden

CBS News senior investigative correspondent Catherine Herridge on Wednesday amplified a politically motivated report by Senate Republicans aiming to dredge up allegations against Hunter Biden’s business involvement in Ukraine. And Herridge, a former Fox News correspondent, has even further embellished the report through a key omission of wording.

This story had become the center of President Donald Trump’s efforts to pressure that country into announcing an investigation against the Biden family in 2019 — and thus to damage his likely election opponent, former Vice President Joe Biden — which led to Trump’s impeachment.

https://www.mediamatters.org/catherine-herridge/cbs-correspondent-amplifies-and-manipulates-bogus-senate-gop-report-against-joe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I think most Americans have a nose for sniffing out BS.  Just like when Bill Clinton tried to claim that, while he HAD tried the devil's lettuce, he had never actually inhaled.  Nobody believed it.

Ditto with Joe. People can try to say "well yes, he DID attend numerous dinners, golf games, photo shoots at the White House, and 20 business calls with his son and partners. BUT he never did anything but make remarks about the weather".  The BS meter is ticking off the scale. 

20 phone calls over 3650 days. And no evidence so far that these calls were preplanned. Given that Biden spoke to his son every day, a very strong case could be made that it just so happened that a few of these 3000+ phone calls occurred during business meetings.

Joe Biden attended "numerous dinners"?  

nu·mer·ous
adjective

1. great in number; many.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

it just so happened that a few of these 3000+ phone calls occurred during business meetings.

Joe Biden attended "numerous dinners"?  

all just a coincidence... nothing to see here. 

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Exactly. Hunter couldn't wait until the business meetings were over, THEN check in with Pops.  No, he simply HAD to talk to dad right away, and also put him on speaker phone.  

When I talk to my son, I make sure to ALWAYS use speaker phone and ALWAYS have miscellanous people around. Who needs privacy?

Devon Archer stated quite clearly over and over again that Hunter Biden was trying to make it appear as though he had influence with his father. What don't you understand about that?

• Like 2

What ethics violations has the Biden Administration been accused of?

I would imagine that Rep. Comer's Oversight Committee would be all over these - when he's not chasing Hunter Biden - and is ready to move forward with an Impeachment Hearing.

If Polls were an indication of reality Hilary Clinton would be part-way through her second term.

I don't know how the question(s) were framed so challenging to make an assessment on the validity of this poll.