Pha Ngan murderer ‘brought tools with him’, HM’s son returns to Thailand : Tim Newton Today - August 8

webfact

image.jpeg

More information appears about the murder of the Columbian man allegedly killed by his 29 year old friend on Koh Pha Ngan. The tar balls, forming from last weekend's oil spills along the coastline of Phuket, is more widespread than originally thought. HM the King's second son has returned from a self-imposed exile to Thailand, arriving at BKK on Sunday night.

Pheu Thai have formed a new coalition with Anutin's BhumJaiThai Party with the next sitting of parliament scheduled for August 18.

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

With thanks to our sponsor 5 Star Marine in Phuket for premium, private charters.  Click on this link for a special offer for TNT viewers... 
https://5starmarinephuket.com/tim/

23 minutes ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

More information appears about the murder of the Columbian man allegedly killed by his 29 year old friend on Koh Pha Ngan. The tar balls, forming from last weekend's oil spills along the coastline of Phuket, is more widespread than originally thought. HM the King's second son has returned from a self-imposed exile to Thailand, arriving at BKK on Sunday night.

Pheu Thai have formed a new coalition with Anutin's BhumJaiThai Party with the next sitting of parliament scheduled for August 18.

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

With thanks to our sponsor 5 Star Marine in Phuket for premium, private charters.  Click on this link for a special offer for TNT viewers... 
https://5starmarinephuket.com/tim/

Bunker fuel is a heavy oil fuel used by certain (older) types of marine engines.

19 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Bunker fuel is a heavy oil fuel used by certain (older) types of marine engines.

Heavy fuel oil is used by most large ocean going freighters. They only switch to diesel for maneuvering.  

A few posts have been removed.  Although the topic does include a comment about the arrival of a member of the royal family, we will not allow further discussion.   This is done for your protection and the protection of the site.

4. You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any member of the Thai royal family whether living or deceased. You will not criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments or discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing His Majesty The King of Thailand or the Thai royal family. You will not link to or discuss any website which breaches this rule.

https://aseannow.com/forum_rules/

• Like 2

18 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Heavy fuel oil is used by most large ocean going freighters. They only switch to diesel for maneuvering.  

Your quite right, I was at sea in the engine room a few years, they use diesel to start up, then change to heavy oil which is heated by boilers, it's horrible stuff, sometimes you can't get it out of your skin, even after 2 or 3 showers, I quit going to sea because it was affecting my skin badly and I was worried what else it would be doing to my health.