Manchester United and Buriram United emerge as Thailand’s most loved football clubs

webfact

image.jpeg

Football in Thailand is as popular as ever and recent poll results shed light on the prevailing loyalties of Thai fans, both for the English Premier League (EPL) and the Thai League 1.

A survey conducted by the National Institute of Development Administration’s Nida Poll Research Center has identified Manchester United and Buriram United as the most supported clubs in their respective leagues amongst football fans in Thailand.

The poll, which took place from July 13-19, 2023, saw 2,500 participants aged 15 and above providing insights into their football-watching habits.

When quizzed about the EPL, an impressive 61.52% of respondents confirmed they follow the league.

By Online Reporter

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/sports/manchester-united-and-buriram-united-emerge-as-thailands-most-loved-football-clubs/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2023-08-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

When I came here, it was Liverpool, then a few years later the glory hunters moved to Chelsea and Man U. Now, I've no idea. 

I came here for 15 years ago 2008, it was then "ManU", as they always says here, and it has still been since...  With this people here, introvert like hell, they NEVER experience any news from abroad, so it is "just a thing" to say "ManU" as they just do not know any other team. They even have a hard time mentioning a name of a european country, if you ask them..

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Now, I've no idea. 

No idea? It tells you right there in the headline. 

Manchester United and Buriram United emerge as Thailand’s most loved football clubs

But just like intestine soup and fermented fish guts, there's no accounting for taste. 

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I brought one for my Mrs and nephew was very jealous. 

good job he doesn't see my collection, and I do have a Buriram one for this season a friend ours got me one from the club shop,