Advice SETV or exempt?

Brief history:

Euro country, used to work in BKK (all legit) pre covid for many years, then came back last year on back to back visa exempt + extensions Aug-Dec. This year back April-end of July again visa exempt plus extensions, 1 land border crossing and on more visa exempt entry from japan-bkk. On that (last) arrival was pulled aside for (in-out, in-out, they were going on about the visa run, spent 1 night in Vientiane) and interrogated/yelled at for half an hour and told to get visa but eventually let in.

I wasn't planning to be back until next year, but a very dear friend is getting married and I'd really like to attend in mid September. If I go I'd only be going for perhaps around 2 weeks, 3 max due to other commitments.

I'm guessing visa exempt again is out of the question, even with having been out of the country for 1,5 months and flying in from Europe? Will they even issue me a tourist visa, or am I "blocked" from that route too when they see my entry stamps? Perhaps I could book a through ticket to Vientiane and enter via land, my understanding is you can do that twice per year? Although I'd really like to avoid that due to cost and extra time.

What's my best bet here do you think?

6 minutes ago, nummer1 said:

Thanks for your reply.

Just a little over a month unfortunately, I left July 31st ????

Don't like your chances using visa exempt entry. 

Does your country offer eVisa for Thailand (tourist visa) 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't like your chances using visa exempt entry. 

Does your country offer eVisa for Thailand (tourist visa) 

Yes it does, but I've never done that.

Do you think they'll issue me a tourist visa via that, or is there a good chance they'll reject that too due to my history? That's what I'm most concerned about, that I book a flight and then don't get the visa.

I would recommend getting a visa. If you do decide to enter visa exempt, try to enter via Chiang Mai airport if possible. They tend only to deny visa exempt entry under more extreme circumstances than yours. If you do enter via Bangkok, you will most likely be hassled, but ultimately admitted. Make sure your return flight is booked, and be prepared to show evidence that your reason for coming is the wedding.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nummer1 said:

Do you think they'll issue me a tourist visa via that, or is there a good chance they'll reject that too due to my history? That's what I'm most concerned about, that I book a flight and then don't get the visa.

You should have no problem getting a tourist visa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nummer1 said:

Do you think they'll issue me a tourist visa via that, or is there a good chance they'll reject that too due to my history?

The thing is if the tourist eVisa was rejected you could skip the trip.

If approved you should not be refused entry.

There are many threads regarding eVisa.

You could start a thread you could ask for guidance.

If you do it would be good idea to mention your country.

Several threads regarding UK recently 

Edited by DrJack54