Blender to make fruit smoothies

dingdongrb

I'm looking for some recommendations for a blender to make fruit smoothies at home.

Something that is not too expensive (less than 2k THB).

Something that is durable and can crush ice.

Something that is easy to clean.

Not sure if there is a better forum to make this post but if so could a mod please move it for me. TIA

wife bought a few of the lazada ones and they didnt last more than a year or so then she got a Sharp EMC 15, brilliant, no problems at all and just keeps going, the cheaper ones do ok at the start but they are not well made(materials used) and they break down if used often

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, seajae said:

wife bought a few of the lazada ones and they didnt last more than a year or so then she got a Sharp EMC 15, brilliant, no problems at all and just keeps going, the cheaper ones do ok at the start but they are not well made(materials used) and they break down if used often

I've seen street vendors use the one above, solid performance, the 200-300 baht model will breakdown, ice kills it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, seajae said:

Around new year we bought a Sharp EM Ice2 from Powerbuy based on a friend's recommendation; been great, gets good family use 2-3 times most days for fruit smoothies

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1

Just don't buy the Phillips combo unit.  Terrible design.  The small cup turns to open in the same direction one has to turn it to remove it from the blender.  The blender collar is so high, one can not grab the base, one has to twist the cup instead and if you are not super careful, it can open and spill it's contents into the blender base...which for some inexplicable reason has an opening that allows anything spilled to go right into the motor compartment...duh.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2023 at 10:32 AM, dingdongrb said:

I'm looking for some recommendations for a blender to make fruit smoothies at home.

Something that is not too expensive (less than 2k THB).

Something that is durable and can crush ice.

Something that is easy to clean.

Not sure if there is a better forum to make this post but if so could a mod please move it for me. TIA

I use my mouth - does everything you mention and cost nothing. Only drawback is you need to wait till the next morning for the "smoothie" to come out. ????

• Haha 1

Depending on your type of smoothies .  The amount of ice, milk , fruit, or any other additives. You will need one with a strong motor.  Especially if you like the consistency kind of thick.  
I recommend any of more popular western type brands.  Such as TFal, Sharp, etc.  I did purchase a local brand from Tesco once.  I recommend staying away from those brands.  It had a powerful motor.  Four months later the shaft in the motor broke.