Smooth skies ahead: THAI-Turkish partnership signals global travel upswing

webfact

image.jpeg

A monumental leap forward for international air travel took flight yesterday when Thai Airways International (THAI) and Turkish Airlines secured a memorandum of understanding. The anticipated partnership will focus on the cut-throat competition prevalent on Asia-Europe routes.

Commonly, airline collaborations entail synchronising schedules and revenue sharing. For instance, Qantas Airways and Emirates have a working partnership on Europe-Australia services. However, these arrangements need the green light from competition regulators in each operator’s country.

Apart from enhancing their networks, this alliance would catalyse daily flights between Bangkok and Istanbul, as elucidated by THAI. The announcement of an exact take-off date for the service is aboard for today. On the other hand, Turkish Airlines already facilitates bi-daily travel to Thailand’s capital Bangkok.

by Alex Morgan

Picture courtesy of Thai Airways.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/business/thai-airways-and-turkish-airlines-join-forces-sparking-asia-europe-travel-evolution

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-08-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

This could be a good thing. When I came back from Nice France on May 11 Turkish Air was easily the cheapest option (is their currency fall involved I wonder) and I've always thought their flights were a good experience regardless of what I think of the nation's leadership and government. And that flight was fine, though the Instanbul airport was a little confusing this time. And Thai is a good experience in the air in spite of scheduling issues and how badly run they've been behind the scenes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1