Thai Property, Blue Book vs Chanote.

On 8/11/2023 at 2:34 PM, Sigmund said:

I have bought a house on leasehold, I paid for the house but my name is not in the blue book

I however have the land lease and another document that is oversized. and always an issue to stick under the photocopy (you surely see what I mean9

For a certificate of immigration the land lease paper goes fine, accompanied with the blue book despite that it does not have any name. To open bank accounts in Bangkok these 2 documents also go fine.

You should be able to get your house reg. put into the Yellow "ALIEN" registration book, that is obviously not at all racist or anti foreigner, but you will be looked at as a visitor from Mars.

Thanks for all the valuable replies, some interesting points here. Thanks all of you who chipped in, have to admit it still isn't 100% clarity, but what ever is here? I need to look closer at the building permit as that is a new one for me, I believe I have it, it should be the registered plans to build signed off by the engineer who planned the build and the Amphur that red stamped the plans.

Either way, it seems that the blue tabien bahn is simply a registration rather than a title. Thanks for all your help! Greatly appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

This intrigues me, you are the only person that mentions a building license. Could this be the same sort of thing as "Planning Permission" from the Amphur? Where the engineering drawings are passed off and red stamped by the local government office to allow construction? Thank you for your input, very interesting as this then takes it up a notch. My wife and son are listed on the blue Tabien Bahn, my son is listed on the Chanote, and I actually signed the documents along with the guy (Thai) who drew up the drawings that were passed by the Amphur. It looks a bit of a mess eh!

Building license is issued by the local administration (orbotor) and has your name on it.

If I recall correctly it is an A5 size document

On 8/11/2023 at 2:58 PM, khunPer said:

You can read Thai letters..?
To my knowledge all entries in house books are made in Thai.

Enough to know what was in the Blue Book, along my wife is Thai ... go figure.

Give it a rest.

On 8/11/2023 at 3:03 PM, khunPer said:

Concerning selling land with registered usufruct, please read the linked law; land can be sold, but a registered usufruct will still be valid.

Again, I go by my experiences.  You do a lot of reading, (are those govt sites & in Thai) but it doesn't always go like that in the real world.  Amphur/province dependent.

Nothing was allowed to be done, with chanote/house, without my permission, for the lots/house I had (all) usufruct on.

YMMV

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

This intrigues me, you are the only person that mentions a building license. Could this be the same sort of thing as "Planning Permission" from the Amphur? Where the engineering drawings are passed off and red stamped by the local government office to allow construction? Thank you for your input, very interesting as this then takes it up a notch. My wife and son are listed on the blue Tabien Bahn, my son is listed on the Chanote, and I actually signed the documents along with the guy (Thai) who drew up the drawings that were passed by the Amphur. It looks a bit of a mess eh!

Ultimately it's the person whose name heads the agree/contract for a defined scope of work and being the same person  who signed a contract and scope of work with the builder.

Edited by scorecard

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

Thanks for all the valuable replies, some interesting points here. Thanks all of you who chipped in, have to admit it still isn't 100% clarity, but what ever is here? I need to look closer at the building permit as that is a new one for me, I believe I have it, it should be the registered plans to build signed off by the engineer who planned the build and the Amphur that red stamped the plans.

Either way, it seems that the blue tabien bahn is simply a registration rather than a title. Thanks for all your help! Greatly appreciated.

The Tabie Baan (TB) book is nothing more than a list of the people who are recorded as residing at the address on the inner cover of the TB book. 

But in reality there's the possibility a persons name is listed in a TB book but the person sleeps/lives at another address. Very common scenario, not illegal.

22 hours ago, Formaleins said:

You should be able to get your house reg. put into the Yellow "ALIEN" registration book, that is obviously not at all racist or anti foreigner, but you will be looked at as a visitor from Mars.

Obviously, but the hassle to get the yellow book, all the stamps required from the MFA etc...are obvious signals never to buy. On second thoughts, I would not have bought here, rather rented.