Washing Machine Recommendation?

ricklev

I go with Siemens.   We have two, the oldest is now 16 years old which had a problem with the drum about 7 years ago.   Thought it was going to be expensive to repair so bought another, larger capacity one in anticipation of the first one being scrapped.   Quote from Siemens was reasonable, so now we have two machines.    The drum problem was caused because of some construction work we were doing at home, and cement/debris getting into the clothes that were being washed.   Local service (Phuket) for Siemens is very good.

I would also look at Samsung, as again they have a reputation for reliability plus local service (only used for TV's/phones) is excellent.

58 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Agree. On my second 12kg top loader. Bht 11000 from Lazada, delivered, fitted, tested. Good.

It doesn't have/need a heater, or an extraction pump.

My 12kg top loader global house was nearly 9,000. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Bully for you. Model number please.

I'll have a look for you and post later.

Global house so cheap compared to to other shops asking maybe same model looked same to me up to near 12,000.

Just now, Kwasaki said:

I'll have a look for you and post later.

Global house so cheap compared to to other shops asking maybe same model looked same to me up to near 12,000.

Yeh but mine is a Digital Inverter with Wobble Technology. 555

When you come from Europe, in most cases you'll make choice for front loader as the Siemens you have.

I owns also a Siemens and it is still okay after more than 12 years in use.

You'll have to know, Siemens, Bosch and some other brands al coming from the same factory and all have a better than average quality.

A machine similar to what you have now is the Bosch WAT28360 and is available at a reasonable price, from 13,166 until 16,000 THb.

10 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

When you come from Europe, in most cases you'll make choice for front loader as the Siemens you have.

I owns also a Siemens and it is still okay after more than 12 years in use.

You'll have to know, Siemens, Bosch and some other brands al coming from the same factory and all have a better than average quality.

A machine similar to what you have now is the Bosch WAT28360 and is available at a reasonable price, from 13,166 until 16,000 THb.

That may or may not be true for Thailand - I have had 3 Siemens/Bosch brands of dish washers and all have had serious issues - which in Thailand is both costly and time consuming to fix.  Rats seem to have easy access and love the taste of the electronics.  

Location would surely help! 

This brand you get less paying more for the max kilo which in your case is only 7k. 

If one was to get a local shop to fix they most like modify the part need as they have done to my old Whirlpool which I got at Nam Chai in Pattaya I believe they carry the brand but you won't get 7k at 10,000 there is a reason she offer up to 20,000.

As noted a Samsung brand invertor is great top load computerized senses you load and prepare setting you can get larger Kilos with that brand less money. 

I would check with owner first what she prefers prior if you get something else problems it will point to you. 

If you ask the management of condo they mostly like have someone who will take it, there are lots of independent trucks driving around that will give them 700-1000 baht for it. 

Try Power Buy 

Edited by thailand49

16 hours ago, Stocky said:

Powerbuy is also good, deliver, install and remove old one, can't remember if that was free or not.

https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en/

Over the last 20 years we've had 3 front loaders; an LG that lasted 8 years, a Samsung that only survived 6, and for the last 6 years another LG which is still going strong.

I've had an LG front loader for 7 years. Cost under 10k. In Pattaya there is a service centre where you can buy parts. I fitted a new heater element myself, no problem. Cost just over 500 THB. I'd suggest buying one that has a local service centre.

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Yeh but mine is a Digital Inverter with Wobble Technology. 555

Try leveling it for that wobble.

Last month we got a TCL 10kg Wash, 7Kg dry machine with 1200 spin and 95C.

9,700 baht on Lazada.

It's too early for me to recommend it, I am not a fan of washer dryers, but it's handy for towels or when it's raining.  No vent needed for drying as it's condenser technology.

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Last month we got a TCL 10kg Wash, 7Kg dry machine with 1200 spin and 95C.

So you put 10kg in it to wash, at 95C ?, and then must take 3kg out to get to the 7kg drying? 

I loved my Siemens. It worked for 16 years. 
Samsung (12+k) are good.
The very cheap Samsung are produced by TCL (a brand which I wouldn’t trust for longevity).

I got a Bosch for 16k from Powerbuy. Walk in, free delivery next day, setup and free removal of the old machine.

(Cheap Bosch made in China, medium priced Bosch made in Turkey, expensive Bosch made in Germany.)

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So you put 10kg in it to wash, at 95C ?, and then must take 3kg out to get to the 7kg drying? 

Or you only put 7Kg in for a wash/dry cycle.

I have had a great experience with TCL air cons and TV's, so recently bought an American style side-by-side fridge/freezer for 11,000 baht and this washing machine. Too early to say about longevity, except the air cons are a fantastic product, right up there with the best.

Mine is about 5ft 6 inches. 45 kilos and can be loaded top,front and the hard to find rear load feature.  Heats up at times when I push her buttons too hard. And squeals a little when on spin cycle.  But all in all a good washer 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Electrolux 100%. Over the years here, I've ended up replacing just about all white appliances (from a toaster, and coffee machine) with this brand. Still working fine 10-15 years later.

Washer / dryer, fridge / freezer, etc. Locally made (factory in Rayong), and great quality, service and durability.

(Not cheap, mind).

Electrolux

38 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Keep it simple, you don't need all the bells and whistles flashing lights and a million wash settings. More things to go wrong Indesit does me fine and I'm not short of money 

Nah !!  I like the tune it plays when it's finished. ????

• Love It 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:24 AM, BTB1977 said:

Mine is about 5ft 6 inches. 45 kilos and can be loaded top,front and the hard to find rear load feature.  Heats up at times when I push her buttons too hard. And squeals a little when on spin cycle.  But all in all a good washer 

45 kilos??????