The scammers are attacking this forum - this is not a drill

nglodnig

A couple of posts on the Cannabis forum which should be restricted to people self-medicating themselves and are obviously sales scams.

MODERATORS: a suggestion - don't allow new members to post immediately. Just saying - I've seen it on other forums. 

Edited by nglodnig
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Kindly use the report function for any posts you think ard scams.

Which, being a good forum member, is what I promptly did. Can get extra points for that? ???? 

But my suggestion, don't allow new members to post immediately, this would slow down scammers. For example, don't allow them to create topics until they replies to "X" number of others, or a timeout period between joining and posting. This would slow them down.

But meanwhile I remain ever vigilant against these scum ???? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nglodnig said:

Which, being a good forum member, is what I promptly did. Can get extra points for that? ???? 

But my suggestion, don't allow new members to post immediately, this would slow down scammers. For example, don't allow them to create topics until they replies to "X" number of others, or a timeout period between joining and posting. This would slow them down.

The need to make an immediate post is quite often the reason for joining as a member.  After all, one can read posts as a guest; it is only to post that being a member is required.  Many people read the forum for years and join only when they have a post they want to make; others find the forum during  an online search on  an urgent matter to they need to ask about. Making that difficult would discourage membership.

Thread moved to Forum Support.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nglodnig said:

What happened? Did they hack your computer?

2 hours ago, nglodnig said:

This forum is only interested in increasing membership numbers (adds value to the price of the forum when sold).

Once joined they are members forever.

What you suggest would not be in the interests of the forum owner.