Four relatives came to lunch. Three died with symptoms of ‘death cap’ mushroom poisoning. Is she guilty ?

steven100

What a story ......  

Is she guilty or was it an innocent mistake   ?

Four relatives came to lunch. Three died with symptoms of ‘death cap’ mushroom poisoning

A meal of suspected death cap mushrooms served at a family lunch in late July is at the center of a homicide investigation in Australia following the deaths of three guests less than a week later.

Erin Patterson served the meal to her former parents-in-law and her mother-in-law’s sister and husband, who were guests at her home in the town of Leongatha in southern Victoria, on July 29, according to Victoria Police.

Within days, Gail Patterson, 70, and her sister Heather Wilkinson, 66, died in hospital, followed by Gail’s 70-year-old husband, Don, a day later.

image.png.d51c76c7588b3a0c5ad709a4592f1639.png

source: https://us.yahoo.com/news/four-relatives-came-lunch-three-052120780.html

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.
  • Love It 1

Foraging for mushrooms is commonplace in many countries. MY GF loves collecting dark brown fungi that look like turds to me. Aroi mak.

The death cap toadstool is easily mistaken for normal mushrooms with a white top and pink gills, particularly in the early growth stages. I only collect that species when the gills have turned brown.

Personally, I prefer what I call horse mushrooms, with a brown top and nearly black gills, much more flavor.

Was it deliberate? Probably not. If it was, quite stupid to use something easily identified.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Foraging for mushrooms is commonplace in many countries. MY GF loves collecting dark brown fungi that look like turds to me. Aroi mak.

The death cap toadstool is easily mistaken for normal mushrooms with a white top and pink gills, particularly in the early growth stages. I only collect that species when the gills have turned brown.

Personally, I prefer what I call horse mushrooms, with a brown top and nearly black gills, much more flavor.

Was it deliberate? Probably not. If it was, quite stupid to use something easily identified.

are there death cap mushrooms in Thai forests?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

are there death cap mushrooms in Thai forests?

Yes. I've even seen them on the fairways where I play golf in Chiang Rai. They are very common.

The orange fungi which seem to be mainly associated with pine forests are toxic if eaten raw. They need to be boiled until grey, after which they smell like freshly baked bread. Drain and fry with garlic butter, delicious.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/11/2023 at 2:13 PM, Lacessit said:

Probably yes if you read the stories on her and look at the video. 

On 8/11/2023 at 11:13 AM, Lacessit said:

Almost certainly guilty, since she claimed that she bought them in a supermarket…

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was brought up to never eat anything growing wild unless I knew it was safe. So I'm still alive. I'm still a bit worried about some of the things I see in the markets here though :smile:

Same as me, my Father always told me not to eat the yellow snow. ????????????

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, NextG said:

Why would I need to know that? Find it in another publication if you wish. 

I'm explaining why I did not read the woman had said she bought the mushrooms in the supermarket. No other MSM I read had that information.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm explaining why I did not read the woman had said she bought the mushrooms in the supermarket. No other MSM I read had that information.

I didn’t read it there in the first place. 
I just ran a Google search to find a random source for you. 

Edited by NextG

1 minute ago, NextG said:

So you really think that she bought them ‘in the shops’?

I don't know. For all I know, the report by the 7 news group may be inaccurate.

Do you believe everything you see in MSM?

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

How very dull… 

Try to not utilise terms such as MSM in discussion with me. 
Did you look for any other sources or are you just looking for a argument?

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/08/10/australia-mushroom-poisoning-beef-wellington-killed-victims/

Also; 

has since emerged that the real reason Ms Patterson invited her ex-husband’s family to lunch was in an effort to try and negotiate a reconciliation with the father of her children, according to the Daily Mail.

Simon was also invited but pulled out at the last minute, a close friend of Simon’s purportedly told the publication.

“They went to her house for a mediation to talk to the family. 

Simon Patterson was reportedly also invited to the lunch but didn’t attend. Picture: Facebook.

Simon Patterson was reportedly also invited to the lunch but didn’t attend. Picture: Facebook.

Ms Patterson has maintained her innocence. Picture: Jason Edwards

Ms Patterson has maintained her innocence. Picture: Jason Edwards

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.