Crazy neighbour - suggestions please

Promula

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Sell and rent.  I never understand people buying here seems more complaints then pleasure.

Buying can make sense. We bought 12 years ago and would have spent more than we paid for it on rent by now if not. Rent is always money down the drain. You cant keep moving all the time, there are annoyances everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Why not?

If course they will, do you think that Thais are scared of farangs?

The Tessaban are not scared at all,  it's a typical thai mentality,  they are reluctant to be confrontational with a farang because of communication and cultures,  but he can always try,  maybe this Tessaban is not against that, but I know in other provinces and specific villages they were.     just saying

Edited by steven100

4 hours ago, Promula said:

She then accused me of watching them and being a "pervert" and "pedophile"

It's one thing to be "Crazy" it's another thing to accuse you of a crime , and pedophilian non the less. I would call the police on her and if you can afford it get a lawyer and have him send her a A cease and desist letter and inform her that if she does not, you would take legal action. You can even get a restraining order on her.  

Your reputation is the most valuable thing you have!! Who knows who else she tells her nonsense   , about you. 

5 hours ago, Promula said:

Opinions please. 

I recently retired and bought a run down house in Hua Hin that's been empty for 3+ years with a front patio that has great views of the nearby hills and overlooks the garden of the next door house that's further down the hill. I've been cleaning and painting the front of the house and patio area over the past few weeks. The middle aged foreign (seems Spanish) woman renting the house below mine sits out in her garden chain smoking and shouting into her phone for hours at a time which I can hear in every room of my house even with the windows closed, but there's not much I can do about that. She also lets her dog run wild around the neighbourhood and it's come into my garden and chased my cats several times when I've opened my gate to go out. The first time it happened she was walking nearby and I asked her if she could keep the dog in her garden. She said yes but it was back out again shortly after and every day since.

To try to cut a long story short, yesterday at 19:30pm she rang my doorbell on my front gate several times. I went outside and she started shouting at me through the gate that her young daughters don't want to go in their garden when there's a man above them on his patio. She then accused me of watching them and being a "pervert" and "pedophile" and that she was scared that I'd rape them. My Thai wife was in the doorway and heard this crazy woman defaming me.

I called her an idiot and asked her to stay away from my house. I could then hear her shouting on her phone for the next two hours telling numerous people that she had a pervert and pedophile living next door and was also asking them why her dog didn't have the right to roam around the neighbourhood when cats could do that.

She clearly has some serious mental health issues. How to proceed?

With your wife,Go to the police and file a report!

Soon thereafter go to the local Amphur and file a complaint. Dont forget to bring a long the PR!

Its the first step to problem solving in Thailand!

Oh dont get into a  argument !

Welcome to Thailand the home of wondering dogs and idiot irresponsible owners imop

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Promula said:

Yes the view is one of the best things about the house. I'm not blocking that because of an aggressive neighbour. She could put a tall hedge around her garden if she wants it to be private. That's up to her.

The mrs said you are at your house

you can look at anything you want

from your house ! Shes a wack jobimop

• Like 1

reminds me of many times for me in the past--esp finding a dream apt back home and always saw it listed...i found out why the owner was a lunatic..it got bad....him leaving me in the apt without access to power in winter..black mold..mice infestations etc,,,it became like a real life home alone movie as it rigged glue traps for him to step in when he came into my space  etc,,

other roomies...locking the fridge door shut with handcuffs....rigging booby traps and such

i also was a DJ so i had huge speakers and would blast noise and leave it going until i came home from the club....i would just mirror thier actions--eye for an eye fight fire with more fire

NOT saying its a good idea but I just try to shine the light on their behavior

So with this crazy lady...at least shes not thai so it seems a even playing field..also may explain why the hubby is gone!   Id talk louder than her...have some deck parties..record her and post it on youtube.....I used to launch water balloons at the yappy 4 dogs at my old thai apt....

be creative and have fun with it..or move....just match her behavior and amplify it.....as she seems to not want to be civil or respect you then take off the gloves and react and record it all in case it escalates......i did this with a gal who illegally subletted to me then i met her devil kids....it went all the way to high courts but it lasted for months of court dates and protective orders.....

it just becomes who can outlast the other and can get bad....or just concede and move

or take note of her behavior--document anything illegal on her part and let the game begin

but thats just me.....do so at your own risk...remember where u are...and the laws..if any...

57 minutes ago, steven100 said:

The Tessaban are not scared at all,  it's a typical thai mentality,  they are reluctant to be confrontational with a farang because of communication and cultures,  but he can always try,  maybe this Tessaban is not against that, but I know in other provinces and specific villages they were.     just saying

It's the Tessabans job to solve issues like this, they won't care if it's a farang or not

• Haha 1

How old is your wife, is there a decent age gap?

Some cultures don't get that or perhaps her own partner ran off with a younger quieter girl and she then carries a lot of baggage that she feels the need to push on to you perhaps.

I think the suggestion from someone of you and the mrs having a chat with village leader seems the most sensible option, logic and reason goes out the window when the base thinking about norms is so different.

Dog on your land, you can probably sort that non lethally multiple ways, befriending it would be a wee bit devious though, sound is a bit harder but perhaps some trees could benefit you both. 

Nobody really likes people overlooking their garden so accept that as a point but the accusations though, they verge into criminal and harmful, not acceptable, she may have just had a bad wine day but she could also need benefit from some counselling as perhaps could you.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If she is that obsessed, rest assured it will happen again. Be ready when it does.

I'm hoping that she was drunk and is regretful today.

Either that or she can't cope with having lost the house nearby being empty & the related privacy, and has decided to try to harass me into leaving.

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

It's one thing to be "Crazy" it's another thing to accuse you of a crime , and pedophilian non the less. I would call the police on her and if you can afford it get a lawyer and have him send her a A cease and desist letter and inform her that if she does not, you would take legal action. You can even get a restraining order on her.  

Your reputation is the most valuable thing you have!! Who knows who else she tells her nonsense   , about you. 

Indeed. I was tempted to ask her if she wanted my wife to call the police so she could repeat her criminal accusations to them, followed by me filing a defamation complaint, then seeing which of us ended up with a criminal record. My heat of the moment preference was to end the encounter asap though.

2 hours ago, Promula said:

Thank you. I regret not filming yesterday's event as it was shocking.

My wife has been talking for weeks about installing perimeter security cameras with sound recording. She ordered two this morning. One will be aimed at the front gate.

Get yourself down to Tesco bought 2 IP T3 Smart cams for 890bt on a buy one get one free offer today ????

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So what?  There's nothing to prevent her having loud phone conversations in her own property, is there?

I will swop him for my Frenchy neighbor for a phone shout off competition can he suggest it  ????