Crazy neighbour - suggestions please

Promula

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Obviously, you have not heard of single mothers. Divorced, separated, widowed. There is no suggestion of her having a husband or lover anywhere in the thread, except by you. Given her behavior, not surprising.

If you want to take my post as insulting, it's your problem, not mine. If you find what I have posted so objectionable, use the report function.

nice to see you are holding the line and not sullying our reputation as hot tempered...kudos

33 minutes ago, Promula said:

The dispute was nothing to do with my cats. She was simply arguing with people on the phone about why her dog isn't allowed to roam around the neighbourhood when cats (in general) can.

I don’t know how else to say it, trying to be helpful. If your cats roam, stop them. If they don’t, then end of story.

Then go to your village headman and complain about the lady (knowing that you’ve done nothing wrong that can come back at you).

1 hour ago, Sandboxer said:

If your wife is Thai, just have her lodge all sorts of complaints with the police. Basically drown the woman in legal difficulties (pay cops a bit too of course).

Dog - leave a bowl of antifreeze in your garden.

Good ideas thanks. But I don't want to harm the dog. Not it's fault that it's stray (and I've never noticed her taking it for a walk - presumably she expects it to do that itself).

Edited by Promula

On 8/11/2023 at 11:35 AM, steven100 said:

Crazy neighbour - suggestions please  :

You bought ....  she's renting ....    therein lies your problem. 

Find out who she's renting from then offer the agent 20k baht to make something up and force her to move.

...and what you dream in the Nighttime:coffee1:

Just be careful. If she wants to be ugly, she calls the Immigration police and tell them that you are working at your house, and therefore you take away jobs from the Thai people. I know from a neighbor who got in real trouble about this, and it did cost him a lot of cash to stay in Thailand. That was 10 years ago.

On 8/11/2023 at 5:51 PM, Andre0720 said:

And so he should.

People who are addicted to any drug, should at least administer such drugs privately, in a way that is hidden from sight, and hidden from other people's knowledge.  Be it heroin, cocaine, fentanyl, nicotine or meth, does not matter. They should keep their addictions private, and away from people's view, especially children.

What part of her own property don't you understand?

If he doesn't want to see it block the view.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/11/2023 at 1:47 PM, Promula said:

Yes the view is one of the best things about the house. I'm not blocking that because of an aggressive neighbour. She could put a tall hedge around her garden if she wants it to be private. That's up to her.

A hedge won't help if you are living above her, stop peeking and block the view. Keep your cat inside the house too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

A hedge won't help if you are living above her, stop peeking and block the view. Keep your cat inside the house too.

My cats stay in my garden. Nothing I've said suggests otherwise. Your other comment is simply vile.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having thought about it more, I detect a complete lack of self awareness in this woman, perhaps due to narcissistic personality disorder.

To ring my doorbell and then shout at me when I'm in my property that I'm a "pervert" and "pedophile" and then when I respond by calling her an "idiot" to act offended and play the victim by shouting "Is that really how to talk to people?" "Is that any way to talk to me, you horrible little man?" shows psychological abnormality.

It would also explain why she feels entitled to shout on her phone in her garden and let her dog roam the neighbourhood while I'm not allowed to spend time on my own patio.

48 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

How can you have a garden when living above somebody?

My property is further up the side of a hill so is raised. My garden to the side of the property doesn't really overlook hers but my large patio on the front with fabulous views of the landscape and where I've set up a nice table and chairs to enjoy it does. My entire property is surrounded by wrought iron fencing which my cats can't scale or get through.

• Like 1

Listen to the very first response you got on page one to find out who owner is and bribe them to get rid of her....it will be $$ well spent...otherwise u could get reported as a pedo, rapist, peeping tom, or worse and end up with all kinds of very messy problems that may require hiring a bunch of lawyers and rest assured u do not want to go down that road.

..if you move and rent to someone else then how long til your tenant starts compaining about her to you and demands lower rent or moves out..

Maybe first meet the owner of the tenants property and tell her your concerns...if that does no good which is likely get out your wallet and end it...

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

u could get reported as a pedo, rapist, peeping tom, or worse and end up with all kinds of very messy problems that may require hiring a bunch of lawyers and rest assured u do not want to go down that road.

Possibly, but I suspect that the Thai police require hard evidence, not delusional paranoid/schizoid finger-pointing.

4 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Make sure you don't point any cameras directly at her property.  You could be looked as a peeping Tom. 

I'm thinking of a 500w security spotlight pointing at my fence, which by default is also in the direction of her place.

28 minutes ago, Promula said:

I'm thinking of a 500w security spotlight pointing at my fence, which by default is also in the direction of her place.

Yeah, that should work.

"See officer he's fitted that  light shining directly at my house so he can perv my family day and night"

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, terryq said:

Yeah, that should work.

"See officer he's fitted that  light shining directly at my house so he can perv my family day and night"

About as nuts as "my daughters like playing in my garden that I'm too lazy to provide any privacy for, and a man's patio overlooks it, so he must be a pedo if he spends time there" train of thought....

On 8/11/2023 at 5:39 PM, Liverpool Lou said:
On 8/11/2023 at 1:04 PM, Promula said:

She shouts into it, not talks. Can hear her in my bedroom which is on the back of the house.

So what?  There's nothing to prevent her having loud phone conversations in her own property, is there?

On my first pile in Pattaya back in the 80's, I had a high wall built but not quite high enough that I couldn't hear the foreign lady renting the townhouse opposite, out on her upstairs balcony on her phone at dawn, yacking loudly for ages. The wall was high enough that she could see our front porch but not the front lawn with mango trees. One early morning, while attending aforesaid lawn and mango trees naked (as you do), my house phone rang and as I wandered slowly back up the steps onto the patio, she had a grand view of my magnificent naked arse and promptly hung up. After that, she never appeared on her front balcony again, ever.

Maybe she was Spanish and moved to Hua Hin?

10 hours ago, Promula said:

Possibly, but I suspect that the Thai police require hard evidence, not delusional paranoid/schizoid finger-pointing.

but do you really want to find out? ...it is also possible that the cops might see u as a revenue source where for a nice fat envelope they leave you alone....why take a chance...anyway...Up to You.

let us all know what happens please.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

On my first pile in Pattaya back in the 80's, I had a high wall built but not quite high enough that I couldn't hear the foreign lady renting the townhouse opposite, out on her upstairs balcony on her phone at dawn, yacking loudly for ages. The wall was high enough that she could see our front porch but not the front lawn with mango trees. One early morning, while attending aforesaid lawn and mango trees naked (as you do), my house phone rang and as I wandered slowly back up the steps onto the patio, she had a grand view of my magnificent naked arse and promptly hung up. After that, she never appeared on her front balcony again, ever.

Maybe she was Spanish and moved to Hua Hin?

That raises an interesting issue. I have no idea what her kids look like - only what they sound like. I know what she looks like - an obese chainsmoker - because I wanted to identify what and where the south European accent shouting phonecalls were the first few times I heard them.

However, for her to know I'm spending quiet time relaxing on my large raised patio enjoying the breeze and landscape view my garden lacks, she must be keeping an eye on me. 

Edited by Promula