Crazy neighbour - suggestions please

Promula

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Have you checked to see if she has any Hi So Thai/Local Mafia connections before stirring up the Hornet's nest?

The OP has said she is a foreigner. The probability of her developing HiSo/Mafia connections approaches zero.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The OP has said she is a foreigner. The probability of her developing HiSo/Mafia connections approaches zero.

TBH I wouldn't know how to go about checking what connections someone has. How can that be done?

8 minutes ago, Promula said:

TBH I wouldn't know how to go about checking what connections someone has. How can that be done?

Probably a Thai lawyer who works in criminal law. He/she will have contacts.

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

Crazy neighbour - suggestions please  :

You bought ....  she's renting ....    therein lies your problem. 

Find out who she's renting from then offer the agent 20k baht to make something up and force her to move.

I still think this is your easiest and cheapest solution ....  all the risk and chit chat is between her & the agent ..... It'll be the best 20k you've ever spent.    Pay it then no questions asked    ..... she's their friday then gone monday ...

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I still think this is your easiest and cheapest solution ....  all the risk and chit chat is between her & the agent ..... It'll be the best 20k you've ever spent.    Pay it then no questions asked    ..... she's their friday then gone monday ...

A straightforward solution which seems like karma to me (and anyway there could well be a clause in her lease about not disturbing the neighbours, which she's already broken), but how to go about finding out who the owner/agent is? This stuff isn't public knowledge as far as I know.

30 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What has her nationality got to do with it?

Depends who she is married to or the status of the owner of the property is etc!

13 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

What has her nationality got to do with it?

Depends who she is married to or the status of the owner of the property is etc!

You think Thais are going to give a tinker's curse about a foreigner? And a woman to boot, in one of the most misogynistic nations on the planet? She is not married, according to the OP. Perhaps if you read the first post thoroughly, you might understand the situation better.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I have an issue with my neighbor, we had a border dispute, he is Thai, but no one understood what he was talking about, my builder, architect, solicitor, wife - anyway, things have gotten from bad to worse. In the end we went to the police after he came to the gate in a similar fashion to your neighbor. The police said without a video they could do nothing, I would suggest you record any and every interaction with her, make a report of any claims, just so if things get worse you can pursue them further.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You think Thais are going to give a tinker's curse about a foreigner? And a woman to boot, in one of the most misogynistic nations on the planet? She is not married, according to the OP. Perhaps if you read the first post thoroughly, you might understand the situation better.

What an inaccurate and insulting post!

Where does the OP state "She is not married, according to the OP."?

In fact the OP states "that her young daughters" are on the premisies! 

I am not talking about what anyone thinks about her!

I am suggesting that she may be married or have a lover who may be a Hi So etc!  If that is the case then to OP should tread carefully!

I would also suggest that you think and read before making insulting posts!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Have you considered a polite restart with your neighbor?

Over the decades I moved many times and neighbors used to bring a bottle of wine and a welcome to the neighborhood fruit basket or cookies to break the ice and introduce themselves.  It really seemed to work well and years of pleasantness resulted.

The guys I know who successfully  integrate into Thailand adjust to Thailand's inconveniences rather then expecting Thailand to adjust to them.

Good luck with your new home purchase.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

What an inaccurate and insulting post!

Where does the OP state "She is not married, according to the OP."?

In fact the OP states "that her young daughters" are on the premisies! 

I am not talking about what anyone thinks about her!

I am suggesting that she may be married or have a lover who may be a Hi So etc!  If that is the case then to OP should tread carefully!

I would also suggest that you think and read before making insulting posts!

Obviously, you have not heard of single mothers. Divorced, separated, widowed. There is no suggestion of her having a husband or lover anywhere in the thread, except by you. Given her behavior, not surprising.

If you want to take my post as insulting, it's your problem, not mine. If you find what I have posted so objectionable, use the report function.

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Promula said:

Yes the view is one of the best things about the house. I'm not blocking that because of an aggressive neighbour. She could put a tall hedge around her garden if she wants it to be private. That's up to her.

So, you'd rather let her put up a high hedge that would block your view than put up a screen that wouldn't block your view.

I look forward to seeing your much better and more successful solution.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Promula said:

I don't think she wants to keep the dog in....

...but you can keep them out.????

Also..if she's a loon as you claim, have you tried to stand by your gate and shout 'STFU' at her general direction?

Do it several times a day.

It might work.

If you are taken to task for it (unlikely), you can claim you were arguing with your mrs

Edited by VinnieK

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, you'd rather let her put up a high hedge that would block your view than put up a screen that wouldn't block your view.

I look forward to seeing your much better and more successful solution.

Her garden is about three metres below the height of my patio and about 10 metres away beyond the boundary of my property. I could put up a high hedge to block the view of her garden from my higher garden but that won't help with the balcony. In any event, it's her that wants privacy, so she needs to do something constructive about it rather than harass.

Edited by Promula
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

...but you can keep them out.????

Also..if she's a loon as you claim, have you tried to stand by your gate and shout 'STFU' at her general direction?

Do it several times a day.

It might work.

If you are taken to task for it (unlikely), you can claim you were arguing with your mrs

My garden is very secure, and my cats never leave it. However, her dog is regularly roaming the street outside and bolts in when I open my electric gate to go out.

11 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

Have you considered a polite restart with your neighbor?

Over the decades I moved many times and neighbors used to bring a bottle of wine and a welcome to the neighborhood fruit basket or cookies to break the ice and introduce themselves.  It really seemed to work well and years of pleasantness resulted.

The guys I know who successfully  integrate into Thailand adjust to Thailand's inconveniences rather then expecting Thailand to adjust to them.

Good luck with your new home purchase.

won't work for this nut job ....     she's called him a pedophile and a few other vile names and her daughters won't go out in the garden as he can see over them ...     so your solution will definitely not work in this situation.

Edited by steven100

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

won't work for this nut job ....     she's called him a pedophile and a few other vile names and her daughters won't go out in the garden as he can see over them ...     so your solution will definitely not work in this situation.

I'd try some security cameras prominently pointed at her garden, with lights at night.

So she feels watched 24/7, and will hopefully move away.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd try some security cameras prominently pointed at her garden, with lights at night.

So she feels watched 24/7, and will hopefully move away.

yeah '     that might work although it might make her even more angry and voice-stress, it's hard to say.   I would just find the agent who rents it to her, and pay him 20k ... make something up and she's gone,   that way he takes on all the risk and she won't even know he was in on it.   

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I'm big enough to take the vile insults, but doing it in front of my wife was despicable. That kind of thing can end marriages.

20 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yeah '     that might work although it might make her even more angry and voice-stress, it's hard to say.   I would just find the agent who rents it to her, and pay him 20k ... make something up and she's gone,   that way he takes on all the risk and she won't even know he was in on it.   

How to find who the agent is?

4 minutes ago, Promula said:

How to find who the agent is?

go to any agent nearby and have the wife speak to him,  give him 300 baht and just ask him to find out who rents 123/22 Nut soi 101   out ....  maybe have a pic of the place if possible, but don't let her see you taking a pic .... haha ... wait till she goes out.  Then have that agent get back to your wife if he can find out who ....   

that's one way,  another way is google the address and see what come up ....  or google ' want to rent 123/22 ..and see what comes up.