Crazy neighbour - suggestions please

Promula

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sell and rent.  I never understand people buying here seems more complaints then pleasure.

yeah but if he rents and then she does same with his tenants they will be calling him as the owner to complain and maybe move or refuse to pay rent......i like the idea of find owner of her unit and offer him a bribe to get rid of her better...who wants to live next to a nut that accuses u of pedo....she may well call the cops and have her daughters claim u did something then u are in a world of <deleted> with lawyers etc...

Can’t do anything about the loud conversations. TiT.

Put up a privacy fence. Or a cheap version, with a few poles and netting.

Put up a chainlink fence to keep the dogs out.

If your cats roam, then she has a valid point though. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 1:51 PM, Promula said:

It was a steal at 5 million. Could rent for 40,000pm once we've finished doing it up, but that was never our plan. Might be soon though if this matter doesn't end.

If you are having big problems then don't you think your potential renters would too?

They won't want to rent for long if its as bad as you say and yoiu have a cuckoo neighbor.

I think the best way is as suggested and that is to buy a speaker and play loud music in her direction every time she starts shouting on the phone.

If the Police arrive tell them the problems with her. Don't forget your budgie smugglers and factor 2 when you are sunbathing in the garden.

Fight fire with fire.

On 8/11/2023 at 6:55 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Dog problem easily solved, but not a good idea with the woman. Try putting large speakers on her side of your house and playing music very loudly every time she is shouting on the phone.

Put up a screen fence so you can't look into her property. I wouldn't like my neighbours looking into mine, even without daughters.

Yes a Des O,Connor album should do the trick ????????????

On 8/11/2023 at 11:35 AM, steven100 said:

Crazy neighbour - suggestions please  :

You bought ....  she's renting ....    therein lies your problem. 

Find out who she's renting from then offer the agent 20k baht to make something up and force her to move.

As bizarre as it sounds, given the way things work here it may be the best solution.

Though I've seen numerous posts about such problems yours is a unique answer. In the end probably the fastest and easiest way to solve the problem.

6 hours ago, Promula said:

How do you suggest preventing a stray dog from entering a driveway gate when you open it then drive though it?

Firecrackers are cheap and safe. After a few episodes the dogs will flee when you pull out the lighter.

Additionally it will annoy the dog owner.

You don't have to throw at the dog, just dop a few in your own driveway.

4 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Next time, record when she shouts that your are a "pervert" and "pedophile", and sue her for defamation.

You don't need to sue, defamation is a criminal offence, simply document and report it to the police, or with a lawyer you can cut out the police and go straight to the court who will issue an arrest warrant for her. Latter step is useful when you suspect police are cozy with perpetrator.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 10:18 PM, Promula said:

Opinions please. 

I recently retired and bought a run down house in Hua Hin that's been empty for 3+ years with a front patio that has great views of the nearby hills and overlooks the garden of the next door house that's further down the hill. I've been cleaning and painting the front of the house and patio area over the past few weeks. The middle aged foreign (seems Spanish) woman renting the house below mine sits out in her garden chain smoking and shouting into her phone for hours at a time which I can hear in every room of my house even with the windows closed, but there's not much I can do about that. She also lets her dog run wild around the neighbourhood and it's come into my garden and chased my cats several times when I've opened my gate to go out. The first time it happened she was walking nearby and I asked her if she could keep the dog in her garden. She said yes but it was back out again shortly after and every day since.

To try to cut a long story short, yesterday at 19:30pm she rang my doorbell on my front gate several times. I went outside and she started shouting at me through the gate that her young daughters don't want to go in their garden when there's a man above them on his patio. She then accused me of watching them and being a "pervert" and "pedophile" and that she was scared that I'd rape them. My Thai wife was in the doorway and heard this crazy woman defaming me.

I called her an idiot and asked her to stay away from my house. I could then hear her shouting on her phone for the next two hours telling numerous people that she had a pervert and pedophile living next door and was also asking them why her dog didn't have the right to roam around the neighbourhood when cats could do that.

She clearly has some serious mental health issues. How to proceed?

On 8/11/2023 at 2:18 AM, Sigmund said:

The OP should take the spanish lady to bed perhaps ? ....that should release the excess pressure on all sides ? 

On 8/11/2023 at 2:18 AM, Sigmund said:

The OP should take the spanish lady to bed perhaps ? ....that should release the excess pressure on all sides ? 

Yes! There is no escape even move to Antarctica. Make Friends somehow people are funny. Learn a new dance. Speak with forked tongue. 

If your wife is Thai, just have her lodge all sorts of complaints with the police. Basically drown the woman in legal difficulties (pay cops a bit too of course).

Dog - leave a bowl of antifreeze in your garden.

Edited by Sandboxer

The Spanish lady clearly has some "mental" issues, a pity but impossible to resolve....unless you play to them?  The next time she comes around, say to her calmly you are going to put a curse on her....she will stop immediately.

A row of seven Cactuses at the fence line, with some hats and brooms leaning on them, a few glass eyes attached. (All Spanish warnings!)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CecilM said:

Can’t do anything about the loud conversations. TiT.

Put up a privacy fence. Or a cheap version, with a few poles and netting.

Put up a chainlink fence to keep the dogs out.

If your cats roam, then she has a valid point though. 

My cats don't roam but there are plenty of others that do in the neighborhood. But even if they did, cats and dogs are very different

- cats aren't aggressive

- cats don't bark

- cats don't leave faeces in the middle of the driveway or lawn

Most people generally tolerate seeing other people's cats in their garden. It's normal. Very few people would want other people's dogs coming into their garden.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Promula said:

My cats don't roam but there are plenty of others that do in the neighborhood. But even if they did, cats and dogs are very different

- cats aren't aggressive

- cats don't bark

- cats don't leave faeces in the middle of the driveway or lawn

Most people generally tolerate seeing other people's cats in their garden. It's normal. Very few people would want other people's dogs coming into their garden.

Well, as a homeowner I can say that cats doing their business on my property is very unpleasant and stinky.

I don’t want to argue, I’m just saying that if your cats do as she claims, then it’s a good idea to stop them from going to the neighbour’s garden. (Not only to make her claim untrue but also to avoid craziness like people who put up traps/poison/etc.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Well, as a homeowner I can say that cats doing their business on my property is very unpleasant and stinky.

I don’t want to argue, I’m just saying that if your cats do as she claims, then it’s a good idea to stop them from going to the neighbour’s garden. (Not only to make her claim untrue but also to avoid craziness like people who put up traps/poison/etc.)

The dispute was nothing to do with my cats. She was simply arguing with people on the phone about why her dog isn't allowed to roam around the neighbourhood when cats (in general) can.