Proof of entry into Thailand for SETV from Vientiane with motorbike

Going to get a SETV from Vientiane and checking the required documents

"Travel itinerary to and from Thailand and accommodation e.g. plane/train/bus ticket"

I will ride my Thai registered motorbike over the border and once the Visa is issued, spend a week or so in Laos then ride back over the border.

So would the import papers for the motorbike at Laos border entry be enough to prove Im going back by motorbike again?

Hoping some one has first hand experience with this.

Thanks..

Here is one thread

https://aseannow.com/topic/615374-riding-a-motorcycle-to-vientiane/ 

Vientiane requires an appointment.

Often over week or more to find a open slot.

Personally don't see big advantage re the bike thing.

Friendship bridge to immigration is not long trip.

An option would be to leave bike Thailand side of crossing

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Jack, maybe I wasn't clear....Im not asking how to get a motorbike into and out of Laos, I am wondering how I can satisfy the proof of travel into Thailand for the purpose of satisfying the documents required while applying for a single entry tourist visa...normally folks would upload a flight, train  or bus ticket.  Where I would be driving back into Thailand with no ticket.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ye if I was just going for the visa I would fly or train/bus to Vientiane, 

But I do enjoy a week or so of motorbike touring around Laos, so thats the plan. In at Vientiane and out at Huay Xai/Chiang Khong.

I will email Thai embassy and ask about proof of exit with motorbike...will update if I get an answer. 

Thanks,

On 8/15/2023 at 3:21 PM, McGregor21 said:

Going to get a SETV from Vientiane and checking the required documents

"Travel itinerary to and from Thailand and accommodation e.g. plane/train/bus ticket"

I will ride my Thai registered motorbike over the border and once the Visa is issued, spend a week or so in Laos then ride back over the border.

So would the import papers for the motorbike at Laos border entry be enough to prove Im going back by motorbike again?

Hoping some one has first hand experience with this.

Thanks..

I just asked the very same question. I also want to find out if a bankbook (not printouts of bank statements) will suffice for proof adequate funds,

• 1 month later...

Also, 

Some handy info for anyone on a motorbike going to the embassy. There is a good supermarket (Megamart) about 100m further up the road on the same side, with a security guard in the parking who gives you a ticket for parking which is shaded. Inside you can leave your helmet at the customer service counter, get a cold drink etc. No charge for parking. 

• Thanks 1