Neighbours NOISY " Howling / Barking Dog ) Almost 24 / 7......

747man

What IF Anything can be done about My Neighbours ( Howling / Barking ) Dog ?? I Have had Words with The Neighbour in the past about it, He lets the Dog out around 02.00am Every Morning & It Starts " HOWLING " Like a Wolf for about an hour & Wakes me from my Sleep ( And I'm a Heavy Sleeper ) I Have spoken to the Pooyai about this on about 4 Different occassions, He says He'll have a word with the Owner after which it ( The Dog ) might be Quiet for a Couple of Nights but Then it starts doing the Same " Howling & Carries on Barking,This Morning I Had to Go Outside at 05.00am to TRY & Get it to <deleted> ( The Dog ) It's Obvious the Neighbour has absolutely NO Respect for Anyone else in our Soi BUT It Seems I'm the Only person who complains about this as I Know ( Understand ) that Thai People Don't like Confrontation but it MUST Wake Everyone else up & Now I Have to say It's starting to affect my Mental Health.....SURELY Something CAN Be Done It's now 12.20pm The Dogs Owner has Gone to Work until normally 8 /9 pm & The <deleted> THING Has been barking for the past 2 Hours, Everytime a Courier Van / Car / Motor Cycle goes past it Starts....

Edited by metisdead
Profanity edited out.
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 747man said:

If YOU Don't have anything else to say,Then please go & Take a LIE DOWN O.K. ??

I was simply making a suggestion to improve the English content of the Forum, and to make your post easier to read. Sorry if you didn't like it.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Myran said:

I've had good success with the "dog whistle" type devices that emit a sound dogs dislike. At our last place, the neighbors little dog barked like crazy everytime we went out the door. After just a couple of days of using the device every time it barked at us, it learned to keep quiet.

That said, it doesn't seem to work on all dogs. Might be that some older dogs don't have good enough hearing to be affected.

Yeah, I've heard about the Whistle Thingys, I'll have a Look on Lazada.....

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Try one of these works up to 75 feet.

Or, give the guy a dog shock collar as a gift and ask him to use it.

16921895898121537564563050398126.jpg

Nah I'm NOT Spending 70 US$ On that,I'll do as somebody else suggested buy a Big Bag of Choclate Buttons ( Only Joking !! ) I'm a Dog Lover.... 

Edited by 747man
More Added

5 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

OP, you need to invest on a local lawyer.  Let him send a letter giving notice to sue. That may scare him into action.  If not you may need to go to Court to get it resolved. It won't cost much and may be worth it for peace of mind. 

Yeah, Thanks M8 But Either of those Options are the last thing I'll Consider doing

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Its not the fault of the dog, its the idiot owner. 

It's not the owner howling. SIL on a Sansiri estate well run, until bloke moves in with 35 dogs on the next soi, says its his right to have as many as he wants, the noise is unbelievable at times. How about an anonymous letter threatening to do the dog in? I did this 3 times after owners took no notice and it worked twice. Next door had cockerels installed last month, as bad as dogs, Mrs called the owner and they got rid of them.

Edited by proton
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Hammock swingers often gather at the house next store to mine to talk about lottery numbers.  Actually... to shout about lottery numbers.  Endless hours of circular substanceless back and forth.  735..no...143... and so on.

I sympathised with them at first because they all have such tiny little lives.  Most of the guys live alone in shacks and do not even have TV or a smart phone.  But sometimes, I just crack.

I have a high end very loud aluminium blue tooth speaker.  I sit it out in my front yard next to the gathering, and on top of an upturned big stainless steel dish (this maginifies the bass and resonance a good deal).

Then I play this Youtube clip on loop until the group leaves:

They are all quiet well trained now and leave almost immediately when i fire up the speaker.

Oh.  And it would be remiss of me not to mention that they all f##king hate me.

That's a Great Tune M8, I'm SURE They all understand the Lyrics Too....

• Like 1