Neighbours NOISY " Howling / Barking Dog ) Almost 24 / 7......

747man

11 hours ago, 747man said:

What IF Anything can be done about My Neighbours ( Howling / Barking ) Dog ?? I Have had Words with The Neighbour in the past about it, He lets the Dog out around 02.00am Every Morning & It Starts " HOWLING " Like a Wolf for about an hour & Wakes me from my Sleep ( And I'm a Heavy Sleeper ) I Have spoken to the Pooyai about this on about 4 Different occassions, He says He'll have a word with the Owner after which it ( The Dog ) might be Quiet for a Couple of Nights but Then it starts doing the Same " Howling & Carries on Barking,This Morning I Had to Go Outside at 05.00am to TRY & Get it to <deleted> ( The Dog ) It's Obvious the Neighbour has absolutely NO Respect for Anyone else in our Soi BUT It Seems I'm the Only person who complains about this as I Know ( Understand ) that Thai People Don't like Confrontation but it MUST Wake Everyone else up & Now I Have to say It's starting to affect my Mental Health.....SURELY Something CAN Be Done It's now 12.20pm The Dogs Owner has Gone to Work until normally 8 /9 pm & The <deleted> THING Has been barking for the past 2 Hours, Everytime a Courier Van / Car / Motor Cycle goes past it Starts....

You could find out if the mutt has any allergy to capital letters….   ????

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

OP, you need to invest on a local lawyer.  Let him send a letter giving notice to sue. That may scare him into action.  If not you may need to go to Court to get it resolved. It won't cost much and may be worth it for peace of mind. 

As an aside, my dogs are not allowed to bark at locals and certainly not after dark.  They are inside at last light and don't go out until around 8am, unless for a quick pee and back inside.  Even then , not allowed to bark. 

My next door neighbor was once the governor or whatever they call it of the county...he had 3 dogs that stood in the driveway and took turns barking pretty much 24/7....asked over and over to please do something....never even pretended to try and do anything...how he put up with that i do not know but it drove me crazy ...thought of poison etc but prob not a good idea for farang to mess with a mr big....so i moved as that appeared to be only solution as dogs looked fairly young and probably still barking 10+ years later.

i guess the high pitched thing might be worth a try....not sure they were even invented/avail back when i had my problem

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

OP, you need to invest on a local lawyer.  Let him send a letter giving notice to sue. That may scare him into action.  If not you may need to go to Court to get it resolved. It won't cost much and may be worth it for peace of mind. 

As an aside, my dogs are not allowed to bark at locals and certainly not after dark.  They are inside at last light and don't go out until around 8am, unless for a quick pee and back inside.  Even then , not allowed to bark. 

How do you stop them from barking? A good talking to or a clip round the earhole.

14 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

OP, you need to invest on a local lawyer.  Let him send a letter giving notice to sue. That may scare him into action.  If not you may need to go to Court to get it resolved.

Ridiculous comment. Ive read a lot of your posts and they mostly seem to indicate that you have no idea about thailand. Do you actually live here. If you did you would know that your suggestion above is 100% terrible advice for many reasons. Please think before you type next time and take out Doctor from your name. It doesn't suit you.  

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Rubbish. This does not work even in Farang land certainly won't work here.

I remember a case in UK some years back where someone had built a chicken run at the far end of their boundary, away from his house but, as it happens near his Neighbours house.

The Neighbour complained of the roosters constant noise till eventually the case ended up in court.

Last I remember the case had cost over 50,000 pounds and still had not been resolved. Would have been cheaper to throw some rat poison over the fence.

:whistling:

9 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

You are the one being ridiculous.  The civil law is there to be used, even in Thailand.  If you have a case in law then you are an idiot not to pursue it. If the OP avoids ding so, and therefore either has to move or suffer mental health problems, then he has recourse to the law. even here.  A lawyer's letter may solve the issue without a court appearance. I have had recourse to the civil law here, and won a settlement, so don't accuse me of suggesting action about something I know nothing about. As for my posts, if you don't like them, don't read them.  

Court case over a barking dog. One would have to be barking mad. BIG money and lengthy delays for any court case in Thailand. Please move to Thailand and live here before you start making your western opinions. Court case haha

• Like 1

I've had this problem a number of times here in the last 18 years, but not as severe as you describe. As a result, I never needed to do anything and my sleep wasn't really affected.

If I were you, I would take the time to record the howling and barking. I would edit the recording to loop it and play it constantly in the direction of your neighbour's house.

Better still, to play your loop recording when he is at home. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bundooman said:

I've had this problem a number of times here in the last 18 years, but not as severe as you describe. As a result, I never needed to do anything and my sleep wasn't really affected.

If I were you, I would take the time to record the howling and barking. I would edit the recording to loop it and play it constantly in the direction of your neighbor's house.

Better still, to play your loop recording when he is at home:

1.   The other neighbors will think it's his dog and may convince them to do something as well.

2.  It gives him a taste of what you're getting - Son nan naa!

3.  It will probably drive the vermin dog mad and increase its annoying habit which might infuriate you, your neighbor and the other villagers.

Either way, you get some satisfaction which may help you sleep better at night.

19 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

move or kill it.

why i never buy a home in Thailand, or Spain, or Philippines, or Vietnam, or Cambodia.........etc

Spot on reply. Also anywhere a neighbor's dog is driving you mad and ruining your life the thing you should never do is complain to the dog owner and officials. Because you won't get anywhere and then if you do resort to the "final solution" they'll know who dunnit. You're really best to deal with it yourself quietly and immediately.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 12:27 PM, 747man said:

What IF Anything can be done about My Neighbours ( Howling / Barking ) Dog ?? I Have had Words with The Neighbour in the past about it, He lets the Dog out around 02.00am Every Morning & It Starts " HOWLING " Like a Wolf for about an hour & Wakes me from my Sleep ( And I'm a Heavy Sleeper ) I Have spoken to the Pooyai about this on about 4 Different occassions, He says He'll have a word with the Owner after which it ( The Dog ) might be Quiet for a Couple of Nights but Then it starts doing the Same " Howling & Carries on Barking,This Morning I Had to Go Outside at 05.00am to TRY & Get it to <deleted> ( The Dog ) It's Obvious the Neighbour has absolutely NO Respect for Anyone else in our Soi BUT It Seems I'm the Only person who complains about this as I Know ( Understand ) that Thai People Don't like Confrontation but it MUST Wake Everyone else up & Now I Have to say It's starting to affect my Mental Health.....SURELY Something CAN Be Done It's now 12.20pm The Dogs Owner has Gone to Work until normally 8 /9 pm & The <deleted> THING Has been barking for the past 2 Hours, Everytime a Courier Van / Car / Motor Cycle goes past it Starts....

Had the same problem in our Soi for 2 years..none of our other neighbors complained even tho the told us they were sick of it 

Farang complaing when others don't not always the best thing ..

Luckily it's getting a little better ..hope sand for you mate 

Just now, Harveyboy said:

Had the same problem in our Soi for 2 years..none of our other neighbors complained even tho the told us they were sick of it 

Farang complaing when others don't not always the best thing ..

Luckily it's getting a little better ..hope same for you mate 

On 8/16/2023 at 12:38 PM, 747man said:

Until This <deleted> Guy & His DOG  turned up about 15 Months Ago....

When everything seems peaceful and beautiful to me I already know that it's too good to be true and <deleted> will pop soon at anytime. Diseases are alway around. One would be enough just like your case. I have experienced this type many times. I moved out as they showed up to the neighborhood, but anywhere I moved to after sometime got infected by a disease after sometime. 

• Confused 1

On 8/16/2023 at 12:27 PM, 747man said:

Nobody gives a damn about their dogs they come back from work and let the dogs roam free , sell  and move get a condo above 20th floor 

• Like 1

Inflammatory posts contravening our Forum Rules have been removed:

8. You will not post vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

4 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Nobody gives a damn about their dogs they come back from work and let the dogs roam free , sell  and move get a condo above 20th floor 

Nah, I t won't have it's own Private Pool on or above the 20th floor,Will it ??

5 hours ago, PeterA said:

Go to the village lead and tell them, if that does not work, the police should be the next stop.

I've spoken to Village Headman on about 5 Seperate occassions He Came to have " WORDS " With the neighbour, The DEVIL Dog didn't make a sound all the following Night until 8.00am the following morning But THIS Morning it STARTED Again at 5.30am & has been Barking constantly until about 30 Minutes ago at 1.00pm....So it looks like It'll have to be the Police Soon,I Have been told Better to speak to the Tourist Police as they helped a M8 of mine with the same problem.....