Recommendations for water pump to empty fish pond.

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Where are you located? 

Are there no Home Pro shops or Pond and fancy fish shops? 

If you are out in the sticks maybe as a rice farmer if you can rent one of his water pumps that they use for fields? 

Out in the sticks, need a pump to clean the pond weekly, so renting is out, thanks for trying though.

7 hours ago, PR3 said:

Depending on how large the garden pond is; there are a large selection of 220v submersible pumps on Lazada to choose from. 

Some of them will do 20 m3 an hour amd not too pricey.

Thanks I'll try to navigate the site, not easy to use though, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Would do the job,but a long way from where we live. Thanks for trying though.

9 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Sorry my lungs are not good, pond is 4 feet deep. Needs to be emptied, and cleaned weekly.

Why are you emptying it weekly?! 

That must be a huge waste of water. 

You should have a filter for a fancy koi / goldfish pond then the pond never needs emptying. 

If its for food fish they are hardy and don't need a filter if the pond is big and natural (mud bottom). 

I've never heard of anyone emptying a pond ever week. A pond gets a natural balance of bacteria that live in the silt and on aquatic plants, rocks etc.  Cleaning it will destroy this balance. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Sorry my lungs are not good, pond is 4 feet deep. Needs to be emptied, and cleaned weekly.

You don't need good lungs. It would be really unhygienic to suck up pond water lol

Simply sink a length of hose or tube into the water....submerge it so there is no air left in the tube, then put your thumb or a bung on one end and keep the other end in the water. 

Lower the end below the water level outside you pond and then take you thumb off that end.  The water will then syphon out. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Out in the sticks, need a pump to clean the pond weekly, so renting is out, thanks for trying though.

I bought a sump pump from Homepro many years ago, submersible. That would do the job easily if you can get power to it.

• Like 1

Have a Fish Pond . now 20 years, in the early years had many makes/bands of cheaper pumps

Only one stands out and have been using for some years  'RESUN KING 6'  Pump capacity: 8500 L/H

also have a 'RESUN KING 4'   mine run 24/7  365 days a year 

Knock the front cover off and connected a 1 and 1/4 PVC pipe direct to my filters  [ home made 3 large square rubbish bins

King 6.jpeg

• Like 1